My daughters first deer

0AA5F264-F92C-4AE3-963E-15B7E7017612.jpeg EEE60F52-31AE-49EF-BF1D-6CC3DDB72363.jpeg Hey guys new here but thought I'd share my daughters first buck. She's 13 and was shooting a .224 Valkyrie I put together with a 24" mid weight barrrel and 90 gn federal fusions. Gun is proven sub 3/4 Moa out to 600 but this lil guy walked out at 97yrds giving her perfect broadside shot and she dropped him in his tracks. Bullet performance was amazing shattered the onside shoulder and went thru a rib (1.5" hole) then liquified the lungs hit another rib (1.5" hole) went thru the meat of the offside shoulder and was left under the skin. Not to bad for a lil Valkyrie if you ask me.

Thanks guys she's hooked now and I couldn't be prouder. She's got her sights set on a big 10 we have coming in next guess I'm gonna need more freezer space

Nice! As the father of three girls its great to see another young lady hunting. Hope you can keep her interested. One of my girls stuck with it until this, her sophomore year college. Lost the other two while they were in high school. Now its just my son and i but maybe I will get her back after higher education is done with her.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts