My 2 sighters at 1000 yard comp

DropDead

Gunstock 2014 held at Marksmanship Training Center near lake city mi. Im shooting target # 2. These were my 2 sighters, which ended up being my best shots of the comp...
[ame=http://youtu.be/Pvsb4rpzJUE]1000yardsGunstock2014sml - YouTube[/ame]

Seemed to be a bit of confusion with targets from listening to the audio, on one end of the range or the other. After your second shot it took the guy around 30 seconds to get your shot marked, conditions can change quite a bit in that amount of time. When we are pulling targets for each other and one of my guys is jacking around in the pits like that I'll put several rounds on target if I know I have a good bead on the wind as kind of a hint-hint. Or get on the radio and tell him to quite playing with his cell phone! Maybe you are shooting a small caliber rifle and he was having a hard time finding the impact...?
Hard to tell the conditions (wind) watching it on my phone as well. Couldn't see the vegetation very well or mirage but the audio sounded like it would pick up quite a bit.

I am shooting a 7RM, we had only one person keeping score for 6 of us, so yeah it was abit slow, but was a lot of fun. The wind sounds a lot worse on the video than it was, it did change up abit after sighters though. I shot a few 8s which was disappointing after my 2 sighters hitting in 10 and X ring.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.