Muzzle Breaks with style

A-Tip

I have a friend that is looking for to add a muzzle break to his Generation 1 Ruger American in 6.5 Creedmoor. Why? I don't know. He just asked me to order one for him. So, with that being said, I am looking for recommendations on a muzzle break that functions well and looks good while doing it. Pictures would be much appreciated, and on top of that, this is just a cool way to show off your rifle. ;)

Each person has their own likes and dislikes. I personally like a MB turned to the contour of the barrel. A 3 port should be fine on the CM. The only issue is timing the brake and the cost of the gunsmith work.

If you want cool…then just get a surefire socom.

If you want specifically for a 6.5, and function then consider APA or a tunable brake.

If you're a real friend, then you'd wouldn't let friends buy muzzle brakes unnecessarily, and for no reason.

I recommend the Recoil Hawg by Browning......I put it on my .300WM & it works like a charm.
Recoil was pretty stout prior to installing it, now the recoil is almost comfortable.
sorry , no pic of it on my rifle available.....but it works great & looks great too, you will not be disappointed.

The Ruger American is pretty lightweight rifle, and although 6.5 CM is a fairly light recoiling cartridge, it will recoil enough in that lightweight rifle to make spotting your hits/ watching your bullet impact fairly difficult to impossible. A (not too aggressive) brake can reduce recoil just enough that you can easily see your impacts.

The Bastard brakes (and their similar type) are stupid loud. They direct gas and (amplified) muzzle blast rearward. If you are shooting .338 Lapua Magnum or larger, this may be required to make a rifle shootable or bearable. You don't (in my opinion) need such an aggressive port design for a 6.5 CM.

I prefer "flat port" brakes that direct the blast at 90° to the muzzle, rather than 30°(give or take) backward. The Bastard brakes (and the 30° rearward types) are why many people hate brakes in general.

All brakes increase muzzle blast/ noise, but the ones that direct muzzle blast rearward (although they reduce recoil more) are ret@rd3d loud and unpleasant.

It is not named "Bastard" for no reason, is aptly named.

I have a friend that is looking for to add a muzzle break to his Generation 1 Ruger American in 6.5 Creedmoor. Why? I don't know. He just asked me to order one for him. So, with that being said, I am looking for recommendations on a muzzle break that functions well and looks good while doing it. Pictures would be much appreciated, and on top of that, this is just a cool way to show off your rifle. ;)
A muzzle brake is not for everybody, and they are not created equally. A radial brake (holes all around, i.e., Vais, Quiet Gentry, etc.) is the easiest to match the OD of the barrel. However, they are less effective than side discharge/baffle-type MBs. There are plenty of choices out there that are very effective in reducing recoil and muzzle rise and can be tapered to match the OD of the barrel. What diameter is the muzzle?

A muzzle brake is not for everybody, and they are not created equally. A radial brake (holes all around, i.e., Vais, Quiet Gentry, etc.) is the easiest to match the OD of the barrel. However, they are less effective than side discharge/baffle-type MBs. There are plenty of choices out there that are very effective in reducing recoil and muzzle rise and can be tapered to match the OD of the barrel. What diameter is the muzzle?
Im not sure what the OD is, i'll end up receiving the rifle tomorrow to work on it. What websites/companies would you recommend to get a break that has a matching OD?