moisture protection in gun safe ?

JeffB1961

so i'm getting a used sentential gun safe and i'll be putting it in the basement . i'm concerned about moisture control since i'm in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia . it stays fairly cool there in the summer and the lines/exchanger/hot water plate for our wood boiler are near where it will be and knocks the bite of cold off under the house in the dead of winter . so no huge temperature swings since it' stays mostly between 45ish to 70ish there . i keep my guns in gun socks and cases . sooooo .... should i go electric ? discant beads ? or both ? if electric is there anything better than the golden rod ? it seems to be popular on youtube FWIW ....... . i have a laminate and a few wood stocked guns so FWIU i don't want to get too dry for fear of cracking them ????
what are y'alls thoughts and opinions ?

so i'm getting a used sentential gun safe and i'll be putting it in the basement . i'm concerned about moisture control since i'm in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia . it stays fairly cool there in the summer and the lines/exchanger/hot water plate for our wood boiler are near where it will be and knocks the bite of cold off under the house in the dead of winter . so no huge temperature swings since it' stays mostly between 45ish to 70ish there . i keep my guns in gun socks and cases . sooooo .... should i go electric ? discant beads ? or both ? if electric is there anything better than the golden rod ? it seems to be popular on youtube FWIW ....... . i have a laminate and a few wood stocked guns so FWIU i don't want to get too dry for fear of cracking them ????
what are y'alls thoughts and opinions ?
Electronic I use a golden rod, but I also have a desiccant dehumidifier which uses electricity to keep the beads dry.

Put longest Golden Rod that will fit in safe and you will be good.

Do NOT use the less expensive black rods. They are not as good. Get the genuine product.

Vermiculite filled, made in USA, Lifetime warranty.