Model 7 AWR last round won’t feed

model7fan

300 Saum all rounds feed except last round. Being a custom shop Remington this frustrates me. I just bought the gun used and the bolt rides over the last round and tip of bullet goes in chamber but the bolt catches half way up on the cartridge. Has factory McMillan stock. Took stock off and inspected and appears the box sits over the feed ramp a little. Tried to reposition box but still same thing. I’m a big 700/7 fan and never had this issue. Any ideas? Thanks

300 Saum all rounds feed except last round. Being a custom shop Remington this frustrates me. I just bought the gun used and the bolt rides over the last round and tip of bullet goes in chamber but the bolt catches half way up on the cartridge. Has factory McMillan stock. Took stock off and inspected and appears the box sits over the feed ramp a little. Tried to reposition box but still same thing. I’m a big 700/7 fan and never had this issue. Any ideas? Thanks
Send it to them.
A Custom Shop rifle should act like a Custom Shop Rifle: that one doesn’t.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.