Minnesota

Hey guys I am new here to live in New Brighton Grew up in Lake City down in SE MN. Been bowhunting my whole life and now with a new daughter I don't have the time to just sit around in stands and blinds anymore so taking up Long Range hunting.

For those of us in the metro where do you shoot at I go to oakdale gun club thinking of joining.

Dwayne - Little Falls . I'm center state. I hunt mostly ND. I don't have much luck with coyote calling. About 1 in 20-30 sets , I get lucky. SE North Dakota dogs don't seem to respond to a call . But then I remind myself their living in a grocery store. lightbulb

Last edited:
From Burnsville,
Deer Hunt north of Milaca, am currently researching an AR-15 purchase to go with my 30.06 and .204. Anxious to try calling Coyotes.
Craig

I live in monticello, and would love to hook up with somebody thats into longrange shooting, just to help with the learning curve.
As well as find a longrange rifle range...Thanks for any and all help.....Pat

I live in monticello, and would love to hook up with somebody thats into longrange shooting, just to help with the learning curve.
As well as find a longrange rifle range...Thanks for any and all help.....Pat

Pat:

Welcome!! As far as long range rifle ranges...near you... There's the Lake Minnetonka club...it's private and I don't know how expensive. Don't know if the Oakdale range is still around.

I'm in Willmar and I joined the Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club ( GRRC ) which is up in Harris, MN. I joined for the 1000 yard range / shooting...to keep up my varmint shooting skills. It's a wonderful place with plenty of super experienced and accomplished shooters as members. Here is their website: www.grrc.org They meet once a month at the Kraus Hartig VFW building in Springlake Park( during the winter.) If you want to be a member...contact one of the directors...you'll need a sponsor...you go to the first meeting to be introduced and then the next month you show up to be voted in.

Good luck....it's a little hard to find ranges with lanes further than 100-200 yards.

Wayne

Take 694 to 35w North - you will go past Forest Lake - past Northbranch and not to much farther up the road is Harris. Its a great range and lots of good people.

Pat:

MN Hunter nailed it. Mapquest says it's 78 miles for you or there abouts. For me it's 125 miles from my doorstep. I feel it's worth it...the guys I've met have really helped me figure out my equipment...and this year..I hope to participate in some 1K shoots. My work schedule didn't allow me this past year.

If you're interested in 1000 yard bench shooting...and are interested in GRRC...go to their website and get hooked up with Dave H. He's the 1K benchrest shooting director...he's an awesome guy with tons of experience...he can help you out a bunch.

Good Luck...Happy New Year,

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.