Mini action

Varmiter71

Now that the Cz 527 is discontinued what are the options for a mini action.
There's Howa and Sako but what else is out there

Seems that scouring the internet for donor guns made 10-20 years ago is still the best answer. The 700 platform winning the race for standard has left us with very few scaled down proportionate actions.

CZ are now making the CZ600 which I believe is a mini action.

Cooper made the M51 which was a mini action but they have since been bought by Nighthawk Custom and at this stage I don't think they are making rifles.

The other one that I know of is Schultz and Larsen who make a mini action called the Legacy. this is a switch barrel rifle but I am not sure if it is available in the USA

There are several 300 blackout cz600's on gunbroker.
I just assumed that they weren't a mini since they use the 600 name for all of their new model center fire rifles

I saw those posts. Unless CZ has not updated its site, .300 BO is still not an option. You might have to address it directly with CZ-USA.
I talked to CZ recently about a somewhat different topic concerning the mini actions. I asked them about left hand models in .223, .204, ect. , and they said they have no plans on making anything like that in left hand models, just some rimfire models for southpaws currently. Seems everyone but Savage has taken this stance lately. Had a chance to buy a box full of Charles Daly mini-mauser actions years ago, and I have regretted not doing it ever since. I bought one for like $250 dollars, had a 20 VarTarg built on it and it is a sweet little rifle. The trigger is good, the gun is accurate, and now it's like a needle in a haystack finding something else comparable. The old saying is true, the time to buy something is when it's in front of you. Who knew our world would be in such a place twenty plus years ago?

I saw those posts. Unless CZ has not updated its site, .300 BO is still not an option. You might have to address it directly with CZ-USA.
I just bought a CZ 600 in the 224 Valkyrie. Nice lightweight rifle. Short action. The better controlled feed from the mag works exceptionally well. Has integral pic rails fore and aft of the action opening. Weather hasn't allowed me to get out and see how it shoots. Most CZ rifles shoot well. We'll see.

Howa is also selling their mini actions as barreled actions, which includes a trigger and floor plate for a detachable magazine for about $650
Even better pricing than that. :)

I just picked up one of these for $400 (20" HB model).

1706719454864.png

I think ultimately the Howa Mini had part of the CZ demise, they were more affordable and readily available in various calibers.

Kinda like the old Auto-5, there are other options, but they are not always better. I would kill for a scaled 28ga Auto-5, I could settle for a Franchi AL48.

I have a miniature single shot target version Mauser 98 made by Kimber scaled for 223. I think they only made them for 1or 2 years. Sweet little rifle and it shoots .25 MOA.