Michigan small game hunters?

LazyA

I have a new account here but have been reading on the site for some time. I'm a bit surprised I don't see any active threads from Michigan hunters. I learned to hunt chasing squirrels and rabbits in southern Michigan. Taking my old mans 22 or grandads 410. To this day small game hunting is one of my favorite reasons to get out in the woods (not that I need an excuse).

Anyone else in here from Michigan hunting small games these days? If so are you hunting private or public lands. I do a lot of both. Lucky enough to have access to some great private stands that get no pressure for small game. But it's rare for me to see another hunter in state game areas either.

Im over here in Kent county, I get to squirrel every now and again, but my daughter's love to see the rabbits so I don't get them as much anymore. I could just tell them it's wild game, they probably won't ask past that.

Good to hear Hawkeye. Great your girls enjoy scoping the wild life with you. I've done a good amount of fishing over on the west side of the state but no hunting over there.

Be safe on the roads this weekend. Planned on heading in to GR for the gunshow but looks like it might be a mess.

Yeah, don't risk it if it's bad. I was at the Kalamazoo gun show several years ago when the huge pile up happened, it was ugly.
Yeah there is some good fishing over here.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.