Mental exercise

Ksduckhntr

I, like many, have come to the decision I don't utilize all my rifles and would like to thin my heard. Im keeping 4 rifles in 4 various cartridges to cover hunting and recreational duties. What 4 rifle cartridges would you keep given these build options:

1 long action standard bolt face
2 short action mag bolt face
1 short action .223 face
1 short action standard bolt face

Things to consider:
22,223,6.5,308 suppressors owned

Have a quality 22 rim fire and ar I won't be parting with

Prefer some/custom ammo options

Live in the Midwest with mainly whitetail deer hunting but do travel out of state for hunting trips.

I, like many, have come to the decision I don't utilize all my rifles and would like to thin my heard. Im keeping 4 rifles in 4 various cartridges to cover hunting and recreational duties. What 4 rifle cartridges would you keep given these build options:

1 long action standard bolt face
2 short action mag bolt face
1 short action .223 face
1 short action standard bolt face

Things to consider:
22,223,6.5,308 suppressors owned

Have a quality 22 rim fire and ar I won't be parting with

Prefer some/custom ammo options

Live in the Midwest with mainly whitetail deer hunting but do travel out of state for hunting trips.
Thinning the heard, what blasphemy, Never !

Ok I'll make my first stab at it

.223 heavy/tactical plinker
308 long action target/magnum hunter style
6.5 prc hunting lightweight
300 wsm magnum hunter

I shoot about 5550x more rounds a year at steel and paper than I shoot hunting. (Maybe 50x rounds a year shot at game not including birds with a shotgun).

So I would keep a couple lighter recoiling target type rifles that can easily double as hunting rifles. Like 6CM, 25CM, .260AI. Something you can shoot quite a bit, but still enough for pronghorn/deer/coyotes.

For the other two, something in a medium/large 7mm and a larger .308 cal for LR deer and elk. 7SAUM, .280AI, 7RM, 28 Nos, then a 300PRC, 300WM, etc.

That being said, no way would I get down to only 4 rifles.