McMillan Mountain tracker

rankin76

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has tried out one of these stocks yet? I ordered one for my coyote rifle a few days ago and am thinking about ordering another one to replace my Manners EH1 on my deer rifle. I’ve just never been a huge fan of the Manners stocks I’ve owned.

I have one on my 7prc. Fits my hand well. Also like the negative comb. Main features I was looking for was the balance arca and flush cups. I have had mcmillan retrofit a few of my other stocks with these features. I have an ELR hunter on order and am trying to patiently wait.

Hard edge camo in sage and the other in arid. Hope it have them before September 15th, that’s the high buck hunt in Washington.

Wonder why they changed their name? I saw your post and thought “oh cool, another new stock”. Went and looked, they originally released this stock as Mountaineer. I’ve got two, it’s McMillan’s version of the Pro Hunter. I think I like the PH better because it’s lighter.

With that said the ELR is another new one. It’s the same as the LRH. I’ve not held an ELR yet.

I prefer mcmillan's. Manners used to do a surface paint on the carbon fiber....not sure if they still do that or are impregnating now.

Mcmillan versus manners seems to come down to personal preference.

I prefer mcmillan's. Manners used to do a surface paint on the carbon fiber....not sure if they still do that or are impregnating now.

Mcmillan versus manners seems to come down to personal preference.

You’re right, I think it does come down to personal preference. I’m leaning towards the features and color schemes of McMillan these days.

I had to switch my arca bipod head to a universal head to accommodate my future stock. Glad it forced me to do it. Like the option.

I think I am going to go with the molded in Highland Banded Carbon color. May do some cerakote on the receiver and brake still. Trying to decide.

I actually ordered a Mountain Tracker LR. It took about 3 months to show up, but when it did, it was the standard mountain tracker, which I didn't want. But even the standard tracker was super nice and felt great, with a great fit and finish. They were going to make it right with another stock ASAP, but I just sold it since I already have a nimrod in hand at the time, and just used that.