Manners EH-8 question

Bominiscious

I'm looking to stock a newly barrel Remington 700 short action. Put a Lilja number one barrel on the action and I am trying to build something for my youngest son. I have a nice unused Manners that is inletted for a defiance action. There is a lot of slop and play, obviously, With this Remington action dropped into it, but my question is, is there a way I can make this stock work? Can I simply bed this action into this stock, and using pillars torque everything down good? How about changing out bottom metal to something like a Hawkins detachable box? I've never really done anything like this, but I really like this manners stock. Wondering if I should just pass on this stock and look for something That is a direct match.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 55
You can absolutely bed that action to the stock. If you are handy and don't mind tinkering on it yourself, watch some YouTube and get some Marine Tex epoxy. Take your time tape up the stock and put release agent on everything. Its really not that complicated.

The Hawkins Hunter with flush mags is a sweet setup. I have 2 of them. Definitely recommend.

Recent Posts