Lost the greatest hunter i ever knew yesturday my Dad

My dads first words to kids were do you go hunuong or fishing .He then asked if they wanred to go .I loved every day huntimg and fishing with him .He always put kids first .He taught hundreds of kids in construxtuot and taught classes in it .He could make shots on deer birds and rabbits that were hard to believe .He made two doubles as in two with one shot .He carried kids treesrands till they were big enough to do it .There waa one day he took 7 kids and they all got bucks that day where he put them.He started huntimg deer when it just started opening where we lived .Every kid today still talks about adventures with my dad hunting and fishing as the best childhood memorirs .I hooe lots more people take kids hunting .I have done the same with kids for 40 years now always lots of fun .

So sorry to here that . Thought for your family. The best and worst thing is the next time you are in the woods on opening day and it is so quiet you will get the wave of peace that comes over you as the sun is breaking the horizon you will feel him with you and you will be sad because he is not physically with you good luck take time to grieve

Last edited:
My dad lost his 4 year battle with cancer yesturday on the 4th of july .He was a real Ameeican who loved this country too .He put teaching and taking kids hunting above his own trophies all his life .He did kill some awesome bucks but he added over 50 kids to the hunting pool that all loved him .He did the same with fishing too .I followed in his footsteps and took every kid i could in Alaska .My dad woukd clean so many deer it was crazy that kids took and taught them to do that too .He taught them to stay away from drugs and drinking .He made the hunting cabim the funnest place to go for all the kids .He is remebered greatly by everyone of them .In my dads memory please take and teach a kid to hunt it will make your heart feel good .
drg416 my condolences to you and your family. May your father rest in peace. Prayers have been sent.

. you and your family have my deepest sympathy..we all get to go through these hard days as I've done many times but as long as he is in your heart and memories none of you will ever forget him. And that ole tale about "time heals everything" is absolutely baloney, ever after 35 years the heartache is still the same. Keep your chin up and smile at the memories and photos.

My dad lost his 4 year battle with cancer yesturday on the 4th of july .He was a real Ameeican who loved this country too .He put teaching and taking kids hunting above his own trophies all his life .He did kill some awesome bucks but he added over 50 kids to the hunting pool that all loved him .He did the same with fishing too .I followed in his footsteps and took every kid i could in Alaska .My dad woukd clean so many deer it was crazy that kids took and taught them to do that too .He taught them to stay away from drugs and drinking .He made the hunting cabim the funnest place to go for all the kids .He is remebered greatly by everyone of them .In my dads memory please take and teach a kid to hunt it will make your heart feel good .
Sorry the hear that. Our condolence.