Loss of Love for Leupold, New scope time.

Im a huge ZEISS fan but I've had more issues with their rifle scopes than all my optics combined. Love their Binos and spotters, the their V6 line had so many issues. Everything from broken parallax to crooked reticle to internals failing. I will say that they have outstanding customer service though. Always a new one sent ASAP....but after 3 issues (HD5 and 2 V6's) I was
Done.

If you had the chance to buy a 25 year old binocular, they were the best. I'm getting older, my eyesight isn't the best. We do as we do.

When I taught at the West Coast Marine Corps Sniper School (91-94) Leupold was the only game in town and I think their products back then were pretty good. IMO Leupold eventually sacrificed quality for profits since they owned the market.

Fast forward to now and I don't think any top tier military unit uses Leupold; NF seems to own that space- for good reason.

I was in the same boat, looking for a lighter scope to put on a carry rifle. I bought a leupold Mark5 3.6-18. Was never a big Leupold fan, but I must admit, the Mark5 is pretty solid. This is on a Tianium actioned, carbon stock, coyote rifle. This rifle sits on a rubber mount gun rack on the front of the 4-wheeler. Hunting eastern Montana and bouncing around all day has never moves its zero. The glass is good, not great. The scope is light, and for the price point, a solid option. I would seriously look at the Mark5 if I were going to buy a light weight, long range hunting scope. If money is not an option, for sure jump up to the March 3-24×52. I have also owned one of those, and are probably the best option for what you are looking for.

I love my Blue Diamond 4x16 LR Huskemaw with the RFBC yardage turret. Out of the box and with factory ammo it was shooting 7/8"s group at 200 yards and with the same ammo on the same day 4" at 700 yards(yes this not great but again factory ammo and minimal tinkering). Great big turrets if you are wearing gloves or have sausage like fingers. I find the glass to be clear and it handles well in rugged country. The owners manual states a lifetime warranty but I cannot comment on how easily they warranty any issues.

Good luck in your quest.

When it gets back from leupold yes
Hopefully they fix your scope faster than they've fixed my spotter. I sent it in at the end of November and didn't get a email update until mid December saying they couldn't fix it and back ordered me a new spotter. Still haven't got it or heard anything.

When I taught at the West Coast Marine Corps Sniper School (91-94) Leupold was the only game in town and I think their products back then were pretty good. IMO Leupold eventually sacrificed quality for profits since they owned the market.

Fast forward to now and I don't think any top tier military unit uses Leupold; NF seems to own that space- for good reason.
Also a former sniper, and the army is using leupold mark 8 scopes now on their 210 system. They've always used leupold, and if you witnessed what I did, you'll agree that they make tanks. You can break anything, but they don't have a durability problem. They make tactical models meant to be abused, and then they make lightweight hunting scopes. You can't compare an actar to a vx6. You'd rightly compare an actar to a mark5 or a mark6. Those are scopes meant to withstand abuse. They are heavy and rugged.

Long of the short, my VX6 HD took a dump at the moment of truth and I missed a 370" bull. Looking for something that can track, and handle the minor bumps of a mountain hunting rifle( I don't expect any scope to get tomahawked and hold zero) and maintain zero. Would prefer to keep it under 28 oz... I know its nothing special and the glass in the VX6HD is much better but my 6-24 gen1 one PST has never failed me in 7 years of hard mountain hunting and its had its fair share of accidental spills(like falling down the mountain with it strapped to my pack) and never shifted more than an inch off zero after even the biggest mishap on the mountain. So basically looking for the reliability and weight I've experienced with that scope but looking to upgrade to better glass and turrets while not being heavy. I've looked at the Zeiss v4&v6 The Mark 5, NX8 and a few others. I want at least 18 if not more 20-25 on the top end. What lighter scopes have you guys had good luck with and recommend? I'll give up a little in glass for durability but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too.
NF NXS 5.5x22x50