Looking to buy good scope that won’t break the bank

I haven't shot a Arken EP5 yet but I have throughly tested the Arken EP4 on some solid rifles. I swapped out a Mark 5 for a EP4 on my GA Precision .338 Edge and ran it through the paces out 1600 yards or so. I was more than impressed with how well it tracked and returned to zero.

IMG_1378.jpeg
IMG_0999.png
IMG_0996.jpeg
IMG_0994.jpeg

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned Black Hound??
I've got one on a 22 and another that is goin on a 300 Rum.
I called them a couple weeks ago and asked how they do on large magnums. They suggest not using the mounting rings that are supplied, and instead going with something a little more proven. He had tested the Evolve 5-25x56 and out of 10 different rifles, he lost zero on two of them due to proprietary rings. That's why he is recommending better rings when mounting on large mag's. Any other caliber is fine with black hound rings.
They are built like a TANK!

I second what has been said about SWFA. I have three SWFA's. They have been to hell and back and never broken, never fogged, and always tracked perfectly. And they are budget-friendly. I have sent back a number of other brand scopes for warranty service. Never sent the SWFA's because they've never needed it.

A lot of folks love to hunt and/or target shoot but can't afford high end custom rigs or thousands for a scope ( known by the derogatory term of "poors" by the shooting elite on Snipers Hide ). IMHO it's good that there are companies that manufacture rifles that can put metal on target and scopes of good quality for prices that the " average Joe " can better afford ( Savage, Ruger, Arken, Vortex, Athlon, etc., etc. ). Lots of meat on the table and steel rung, not to mention the many hours of enjoyment, that have been rendered by the " budget" guns and scopes!

A lot of folks love to hunt and/or target shoot but can't afford high end custom rigs or thousands for a scope ( known by the derogatory term of "poors" by the shooting elite on Snipers Hide ). IMHO it's good that there are companies that manufacture rifles that can put metal on target and scopes of good quality for prices that the " average Joe " can better afford ( Savage, Ruger, Arken, Vortex, Athlon, etc., etc. ). Lots of meat on the table and steel rung, not to mention the many hours of enjoyment, that have been rendered by the " budget" guns and scopes!
Well said.

I have done a few DIY semi-custom budget and full custom rifle builds. I consider myself financially stable in my life/career, but I still do not try to keep up with the Joneses. I know that any project or purchase starts with a budget and parameters.

1728908736052.png

I guess I am not smart enough to figure out what the OP is thinking to provide sound advice/recommendations.

Recent Posts