Looking to buy good scope that won’t break the bank

I've had a ton of budget friendly brands such as vortex, athlon, sightron, burris etc... hands down the Arken EPL series beats them all. It actually even beats out most of the 1000-1500 glass I
👆or Arken EPL4 6-24x50 FFP
Just out of curiosity, how does the EPL-4 6-24×50 perform in low light conditions. The property I hunt my longest possible shot is under 400 yards with average 150ish. Deer shots will be on edge or just inside heavy timber and low light conditions are tough on some scopes. Thinking about putting this on my budget Howa 1500 carbon fiber rifle build. Like the lighter weight. I have several Vortex Viper PST scopes, looking at something different. I love my Nightforce Optics, but can't put those on everything 😉

I have "Leopold" scopes on almost all of my firearms, Some Brand New, some bought 2nd hand. All have been "Very" good for what they were bought for. Last one bought: 4.5x14x50. Person was arguing about the $250. Being asked. I pulled out the Money and got the scope for $150. Cash. No arguing with the person. Called Leopold, gave then the SR# and found the date built and if there was anyone Reg for the scope. (No) one was, so, I'm the first owner and was told "Regardless, the Warranty "life time" would be placed in My name. Asked IF there was anything wrong or needed help with? Nope all is Good but thank you Leopold!
Might not be the Very Best, BUT VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD SCOPE'S!

They are awesome in low light. That's one of the areas that they actually outperform my higher end stuff (to my eye). I was on a elk hunt last fall and my guide couldn't believe i was able to see what I was looking at with the available light. We also hunt hogs at night here in GA and I have one on a 300bo I use for that. My brother has a Vx3hd and it doesn't come close to the Arken on night hunts

The Vortex Diamondback HP mentioned above is a very robust scope. Good optics and built well. You might also look at a Meopta Meosport R 3-15x50mm RD with the illuminated 4C reticle. MSRP is $499 but they are available ususally in the $399 range. You get an illuminated center dot reticle and side focus. It's a bit heavy at around 23 ounces, but it's another one that's built very well.

If budget friendly is what you want, then I would push you to Arken. I have one as my shop scope, it is the new SH4J 6-24. It is very clear glass and good audible clicks and holds zero.

Had the 4-16 Arken on my 6.5 Grendel AR. It workt great but very heavy. Their new hunter model is lighter but dial's perfectly! Less than $ 500 the four Arkens have outperformed their price point by a lot

Had the 4-16 Arken on my 6.5 Grendel AR. It workt great but very heavy. Their new hunter model is lighter but dial's perfectly! Less than $ 500 the four Arkens have outperformed their price point by a lot
Not a fan of arken i had one when they first came out and it was junk and customer service was crap, it wouldn't track , the side focus didn't work , basically arken said oh well , haven't been there since

I've had a ton of budget friendly brands such as vortex, athlon, sightron, burris etc... hands down the Arken EPL series beats them all. It actually even beats out most of the 1000-1500 glass I have/had.
We have 2 Athlon, and 4 Arken. For the money you cant beat them with twice as expensive scopes. Do have 5 leupolds 2 Sig, we have replaced our vortex scopes.

"Looking for good glass without breaking the bank"
You really need to give some kind of ideas on things like magnification, is weight a issue? And nobody knows how much it takes to "break" your bank. For some a $50 scope falls into that category and others will drop $500 and some much more without blinking a eye.
Give the search feature a try near the top of the page and you will probably find 50 threads similar to this with plenty of suggestions.
Yep, that's why I asked in #2.

@lancetkenyon, I am proud of you for behaving yourself. 🤣