Looking to buy good scope that won’t break the bank

Following
I have the athlon Midas tac mrad. Great scope, when mirage is low I can see .22 cal (22gt) holes at 500 yards, very impressive for sub $600. My only concern is if I have issues down the road how the warranty will be. Vortex is an amazing company to do business with, 1 email, no questions or other forms to fill out. This being said my next purchase will be a vortex strike eagle (locking turrets). My shooting and hunting partner had one and glass is better than the Midas tac, whereas the Midas tac is better than gen1 viper pst.

Burris RT 25 I can highly recommend looking at. Liked one so much I bought another one, they are great scopes and you get a lot for the money. I've used both of them for distance shooting, they have never had a tracking issue and the glass is great. Only complaint I would have is when on the lowest power the reticle is extremely small. It's ok for hunting but low light conditions make it not so good for that scenario. Definitely worth a look imo!! Good luck and welcome

"Looking for good glass without breaking the bank"
You really need to give some kind of ideas on things like magnification, is weight a issue? And nobody knows how much it takes to "break" your bank. For some a $50 scope falls into that category and others will drop $500 and some much more without blinking a eye.
Give the search feature a try near the top of the page and you will probably find 50 threads similar to this with plenty of suggestions.

Athlon's break way to often for my liking. Had a Ares ETR not hold zero from factory.and a Midas BTR broke after only light use, wouldn't hold zero either. SWFA, got 2 bad ones from them as well, but none have broken while in use. Vortex, wore out the turrets on a Razor HD from 10 years of heavy use. All were replaced/fixed by manufacturers. The replacement Athlons are sitting on my safe, unused. I'd say get a Vortex or Leupold, especially if you can get the mil/vet/LE discount. Other manufacturers have that discount too so if it applies, use it to save hundreds.
edit-Tract, never used but friend really likes and they offer a mil/vet/LE discount as well.

Last edited:
I have a local small shop that's selling the the Arken scops .
I brought one home to test on Sunday on a Rum ! For the features and price point they are Amazing! Tough to turn down $ 330.00 scope that has zero stop , very strong audible clicks and lots of Elevation adjustment.
Testing will show soon .
Sorry guys it's a epl-4 6x 24x 50

Rum Man

Last edited: