Looking for a ultra liteweight scope

I am really looking hard at the March F 3-24X52 for a current project. It is around 25 oz. and would fall in the 21 oz. range with the 42mm objective. Great glass and turrets. I haven't found anything better IMO for under $3K that gives me what I'm looking for.

Any of these "what scope should I get" threads should be required to have things like budget, FFP/2FP, range of elevation, dialing or holding over, covered turrets, zero stop, illumination , distance you are shooting, etc, etc ; if more than 500 yards you definitely need a parallax adjustment which most ultralight scopes lack such as the VX-6 2-12x ...great scope but the parallax is fixed at ~150 yards so it's a no go for shooting long.
SWFA has what I think is the best filter to select a scope(left side of the page) and as much as I love to support a site sponsor, Cameraland has about the worst as they give scope weight specs in grams...they give the length in inches and the weight in grams ...no thanks.
https://www.swfa.com/optics/riflescopes.html

One thing to keep in mind when one of these pops up, everyone will just give their personal best choice or something that they desire, not necessarily what the OP asked for.

I personally like the Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 with TMOA reticle. I have three of these on rifles and they have about the best combo of glass, reticle, weight for the money. There are scopes that weigh more that I wouldn't mind (NF comes to mind) but I do like the weight of the scope. VX6HD weighs about 20 ounces.
20 oz is not a lightweight scope

straight power scopes are always lighter than their varying power counterparts... I tossed a 6x Sightron on my kid's Tikka T3 tight in 7rem. It is a whopping 12oz. ...
There are a number of variable Leupold VX-3HDs that come in under the 15oz of the FX3, I just received a 2.5 - 8 X 36 CDS-ZL from Doug that is 11.9oz. They also have a 3.5 - 10 x 40 CDS-ZL that is 12.5oz and a 4.5 x 14 x 40 CDS-ZL that is 13.5oz.

; if more than 500 yards you definitely need a parallax adjustment w ...great scope but the parallax is fixed at ~150 yards so it's a no go for shooting long range
I have a metopa 6x42 on my 6.5 cm & my 280 ai
I use both for hunting and have killed game out to 750 without a problem & without parellax adjustment so no it's not absolutely necessary past 500 yrds

Looking for an ultra lightweight scope to put on a Kimber Hunter pro.. 6.5 cm The gun is super lite 5.4 lbs so don't want to weigh it down .. What do I look at???
Depending on what you want for magnification I had a mountain ascent in 6.5 creed with Talley rings and 3-9 vx freedom 5.78# should b comparable weight. 4FAED82A-3D27-453A-A66A-64E5D99F89DA.jpeg

Recent Posts