Looking for 7STW brass

Sleepy Time

Have a 7 STW on the way and am trying to find some brass. Anyone have any secrets that they are willing to share with an STW noob? :D

Brass for the 7mm STW is becoming more and more of a problem to find, Winchester would do a run once a year but have ceased as of a year or so ago. The Remington site no longer lists it either, Nosler still makes it if you can find it, BUT it is very pricey.
Probably the best option is to neck down and/or fire form from one of the many other belted cases with a 2.85" length.
The easiest would be the 8mm Rem Mag, parent case for the STW, others would include 300 H&H, 375 H&H, 416 Rem Mag, and even the 375 Weatherby, the later would be a last resort because of the multi-stage sizing, trimming and neck turning.
I have two 30 STW's and hopefully I have enough brass to burn out these barrels and then go to something different, if not will probably try Rem or Norma 300 H&H and just fire form.

Good luck
Dave

I to have been looking for 7STW brass, my current unloaded brass is limited. I have enough of 8REM mag brass which is a simple load and shoot with consistant accuracy before they are formed to my chamber demensions and which last quit a few full power loadings. Have fireformed from 300 WBY REM brass with mixed reults at best? I would just like to have more head stamp specific cases.

CHecked the Cabelas link and they are saying they are out of stock.

May be interested in the 8mm brass. PM sent.

I know I am two months late....but I just called my gun shop....they had a bag of 50 for $38 just because the price was so good. I bought em...but they said they can get them no problem but will be a little more for the new ones. I just saw some the other day when I was shopping while out of town. Remington bags of 50....so I don't know about the info on it not being made or hard to get. Hopefully it is just tough to find in your area. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.