Long range hunting picture thread. please post pics.

lovdasnow

Sure would like to see a picture thread on here. I would love to see everyones customs, and hear some quick details on em.

I'm in the process of getting a custom started, so I'll join soon. so if someone would be so kind as to start us off...

oh, and moderators, please move this if you don't want it in equipment reviews.

this is my newest rifle it is a .300 ultra mag that i built it has a schnider barrel with p5 rifling and is the remington varmit contour it is built on a remington action has a jewell trigger. i spiral fluted the bolt just to mix it up a bit and put the whole package in a high tech specialties vamit stock the whole thing with scope is 10.5 pounds i just put a nightforce5.5-22 x50 in place of the leupold that is in the picture. hope this gets things started
also pet load is 180 gr. accubond with 96 gr. rl-25 at 3500 fps

1217CIMG0081-med.JPG
1217CIMG0082-med.JPG

The-first-picture-has-my-220-Swift-and-6x284.-The-6x284-has-the-A-5-stock-and-Nesika-Bay-Action.-The-Swift-has-the-A-4-stock-and-Speedy-Sleeved-Remington-700-action.

The-next-picture-is-my-223

Wildcat

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

My 338s Bat actions Broughton 10t barrels 32" HG 30" LG and 34" lilja on black gun

448333-big.jpg

My 243AI I put together:
Remington action
27.5" Lilja 3 groove #8 barrel 1-8 twist
Leupold 6.5-20LRT
TPS Base and Rings
HS-Precision Vertical Grip Stock
Camo by me
I will post a pic of my 7mmAM in a couple more months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
243AI.jpg

jimm
yes this load was cronoed i couldn't believe it either i had to check it several times but yes. i don't know if it is the hand lapping, p5 rifleing, 28.5 in barrel, or just all of the above. there is some cratering on the primer but the bolt is still easy to open so i am not pushing it that hard. it quite funny because i get the same velocity that my dad gets with his 30-378 and i don't have to spend $2 per empty casing

Jimm

i was pushing the 190 bergers @ 3650 out of a 34 inch 300 tomahawk (300 rum imp)

d-a

Since its raining here and I can't get out and shoot them I thought I'd share a pic of them.

Top to botom

Savage 112bvss 300 WM factory except for a SSS trigger, topped with a 6.5x20 Zeiss Conquest.

7mm SAUM on a Savage action with a Douglass XX 27" barrel, SSS tactical bolt handle, and SSS trigger. Sits in a Boyds thumbhole stock, topped with a 4.5x14 Zeiss Conquest.

6.5-284 on a trued Remington action, tuned factory trigger, badger recoil lug and bolt handle, 26" Rock creek barrel. Sits in a Richards Microfit tactical stock and is topped with a 6.5X20 Zeiss Conquest.

.243 on a trued Remington action, tuned factory trigger, Badger recoil lug, 26" Rock Creek barrel. Sits in a Richards Microfit culbertson style stock and is topped with a (god I hate to admit this) Tasco 8x32 wold class plus.

6.5 WSSM on a Savage action, Rifle Basix trigger, SSS tactical bolt handle, 24" Pac Nor Super Select barrel. Sits in a *** factory stock (working on that) and is topped with a 2.5x10 Nikon Tactical.

Hope you guys enjoy
Chris
ec11dfe1.jpg

Mountainsheep
I'm really just getting that one up and running, so far I've tried the 130 gr Scirocco and 140 gr Amax and SST, powders have been H4831sc and Re 22 velocities have been 2700 to 2800 depending on the load. Nothing you couldn't get with a longer barreled 260 or a 260 AI. The WSSM just has "unique appeal" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris,

That sounds like a good combo. Please keep me informed how it progresses. I'm especially curious about the performance of the Scirocco. I am planning to build a .260 AAR (6.5x57 imp.) in early 2007. I hope to use the 130 Scirocco and the 140 Berger well.

Thanks,
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.