Long Range build.

I used a 80% lower I had machined on a drill press a few years ago. Went with full JP upper 20 inch 308 and adjustable
gas block. LMOS buffer is a great addition. The JP trigger fire control system is a beautiful sweet crisp snap at a steal of a price.
48 grains of Varget using 150 Nosler BT and this baby sings .5 MOA all day long. 300 yd WT bucks taken with it. I use Nikon on my rimfires and ranch rifles. Leupold has to be on any of the good accurate ones.

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some here, but for AGB's I've only ever used Superlative parts, and I see no reason to try something else.
My default precision upper's BCG is a Lantac NiB assembly. When I can find one. They just seem to work right from the start, never had to break in a rifle using one of them.
I wish that I got to shoot the Calvin Elite in one build often enough to have a solid opinion about it. Sure is fancy looking, but not terribly budget friendly. I've got one of Jard's single-set triggers waiting for me to decide what lower to try it in.
I have a couple of the Superlatives in titanium. Have you ever had issues with the adjuster screw not holding its position? I see that they aren't captive and just float. Just curious if you've seen them back off or anything?

Right, Not going to use it backpacking in the hills unless Rock comes with you. I tote it from the side by side to the stand. Bipod is usually onboard too. Have not weighed it, but its a good 10+.

I have a couple of the Superlatives in titanium. Have you ever had issues with the adjuster screw not holding its position? I see that they aren't captive and just float. Just curious if you've seen them back off or anything?
Have not had any issues, but none of mine are Ti. That may or may not matter.

Love your forum name. My recommendation is to listen to what experienced shooters and reloaders do here. Take your time and have fun doing it. Sightron is another good place to start with optics. 175 TMKs with Varget has been my "Go Too" load for the 308 at 600-1000 yards. I've been away from the 308 for some years so I'm sure there are better options today. Have fun, welcome and good luck.

Gas guns are a little different than bolt guns for long range. You definitely need a great trigger . Depending on your budget you can't beat nightforce glass for there durability . The shv line is not bad for the money then the nsx or nx8. Not a big leupold fan for a gun with adjustable turrets .trijicon ten mile is a good scope also . If you check the classified section you can usually find a deal . Second most important thing is the ability to adjust the Gas system so the gun runs smoothly over Gas and the bolt will hit the back of the tube and throw your shot typically high.
This pretty much sums it up.

Long range is a subjective, relative term. You could get your .308 gasser to hit consistently at 1000, but you’ll need to spend some money as others have noted here.

I’ve found spending the money on a quality barrel really makes a gas gun shine. I have a 556 AR that will shoot a 30 round group inside of about 1.2” @ 100 yards. It’s wearing an 18” Daniel Defense hammer forged barrel.

I will also recommend Rise triggers for an AR platform.

I built 6.5 CM AR10 upper using a Krieger barrel with a Superlative AGB on it. The rest of it is good to great parts too. I've never shot it. Had it posted in the FS section here and got no nibbles.

The reason why I've never shot it is because in buying parts for it, and then deciding that I wanted a better X, Y, Z part I ended up with enough other parts to build a .308 upper if I bought only a barrel. Looked around a bit and found those Satern made barrels that Brownell's had private labeled for a while and bought one.
That upper is intrinsically accurate. It just hits what I've pointed it at regardless of range or if I've had a Mtn. Dew just before trying to shoot. Which is exactly what I was wanting out of the 6.5CM upper, so I quit while I was ahead. Granted, ~400 yards is as far out as I've pushed it, but 'wet thumb in the wind' elevation had me on target with the first round. I've not actually shot it for group size because that frankly would take the fun out of it.