Likelyhood of cheaper scope being broken out of the box

McCraggen

So I got myself a cheap vortex crossfire 2-7 for a little badger single shot, seemed like an appropriate choice for a cheap rifle.

But I cant get this rifle to group, how often are cheap scopes fluffed right out of the box?

but since kind of a no frills , no bells or whistles scope , not alot really to go wrong unless you adjusted it past its intended purpose , or knocked a lens loose or something ??

either way still should be covered warranty-wise

Last edited:
If you have another scope or could borrow one to test, that's about the best way to determine if a scope is bad if the box test doesn't work. I've seen several scopes under $50 be bad right out of the box but not $100 plus ones.

So I got myself a cheap vortex crossfire 2-7 for a little badger single shot, seemed like an appropriate choice for a cheap rifle.

But I cant get this rifle to group, how often are cheap scopes fluffed right out of the box?
3 of 5 vortex viper PST's I bought were busted right out of the box so with the cheaper models I'd expect even worse luck.

I ceased buying Vortex.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.