Lightweight hunting pant recommendation

KUIU Kutana pants for all hunting done over 45degrees for the most part. Kuiu has a side zipper to vent the hips/your boys and it's like having AC when you're sweating buckets ascending. Add a pair of zip off thermals and you have a your bottom half taken care of down to cooler temps. For cooler weather: Kuiu Pro pants, Sitka Mountain pants or timberlines with thermals. I'll add a pair of KUIU Chugach rain pants to cut the wind on cooler days and a pair of Kuiu down pants when temps really drop.

I have a few pairs of Kuhl Renegade Rock pants that have served me well. They're pretty reasonably priced and so far tough enough for all but maybe the prickliest of brush. Light enough to not get too hot in September dove hunts in TX and didnt ever feel like I got too cold last year wearing them during 2nd rifle season in Colorado for elk. There's enough room in the legs to fit a base layer if you do get cold without everything getting all bunched up.

They revised the design recently to have a button instead of snap closure which was a huge improvement as I've gained a touch of weight since I bought my first pair and am in the awkward middle ground between waist sizes which meant the snap kept popping on my old pair.

Archery season in California can be miserably hot. I cant count the number of 105 degree plus days that Ive hunted but during that time I tried multiple lightweight setups (first lite, kuiu, 5.11, under armor etc). Without question I prefer the sitka ascent line of clothes for archery season hot weather.

Prana Zion is where you should take a look. REI's generally carry them
I finally bought a pair of these and can't recommend them. The fabric has pulled immediately when subject to abrasion. Also have a weird fit in the seat. They are a climbing clothing company so maybe that is it. Kuiu katana stretch woven for me. Bombproof, comfortable warmer when you need it cooler when you need it. Those side zippers really vent effectively.

I finally bought a pair of these and can't recommend them. The fabric has pulled immediately when subject to abrasion. Also have a weird fit in the seat. They are a climbing clothing company so maybe that is it. Kuiu katana stretch woven for me. Bombproof, comfortable warmer when you need it cooler when you need it. Those side zippers really vent effectively.
I bought a pair of these. Wearing them right now. Wear them most days of the week. Gonna get a second pair of Katanas.

I'll second the Pranas stretch Zions. My buddy's and I have been putting hundreds of miles a year on them during archery season for quite some time. Even into mid season they work great (depending on how your body temp runs). They are like rock climbing pants from what I remember but they stretch in all the right places and are light, breathable and darn tough. Very minimal as far as pockets but they work fine. I have so many pairs I haven't had to check the prices but I think they had a resurgence lately and the price has jumped but give them a look. We were getting them for $40 back in the day. I've seen the not so good reviews above but maybe they changed their fabric.

I'll second the Pranas stretch Zions. My buddy's and I have been putting hundreds of miles a year on them during archery season for quite some time. Even into mid season they work great (depending on how your body temp runs). They are like rock climbing pants from what I remember but they stretch in all the right places and are light, breathable and darn tough. Very minimal as far as pockets but they work fine. I have so many pairs I haven't had to check the prices but I think they had a resurgence lately and the price has jumped but give them a look. We were getting them for $40 back in the day. I've seen the not so good reviews above but maybe they changed their fabric.
I think the old prana fabric was better. The new fabric pills badly from brush. Cosmetic only as they are still tough though. Side Pockets are too small still.

I think the old prana fabric was better. The new fabric pills badly from brush. Cosmetic only as they are still tough though. Side Pockets are too small still.
Ya as with a lot of new generation stuff it's not as good as the first gen. I have never had problem with the pranas pilling. Some pairs have done it but they are also so old. But they have taken so many years of beating and still don't wear holes in the normal spots that higher end hunting brands have IME. They were harder to get about 6-8 years ago as they were being discontinued, so I bought a ton. Now they are double the cost and apparently not as good. Pretty standard in today's world. 😄