Lightest 223 suppressor for hunting

marksman1941

This horse has been beaten to death a few hundred times, but with new releases all the time it's hard to know the full gamut of what's out there and what's proven.

I currently have a lovely, slim little Howa Mini .223 threaded 1/2-28. My wife has decided that it should wear a suppressor full time (how this worked out I am not sure but I'm gonna strike while the iron is hot 😬). This is a hunting rifle with infrequent range trips, not a high volume shooter. Since the whole package, scope included, weighs 5.6 lbs I would rather not hang a large ballast on the end if I can avoid it. I have a SiCo Omega 300 that runs about 14 oz, and it changes the balance of the rifle a lot.

Ideally I would like to find the lightest suppressor that has decent noise reduction for low volume fire applications. Here's where it gets goofy;
* The AB Raptor 8 is marketed at 8oz, and can be had with up to a .375 bore. If I went this route, I could use the can on my .375 Jaguar as well which would be a hoot. These run about $900 plus stamp.
* there's a host of titanium .30 caliber cans that are in the 7-9 oz range which are highly regarded (nomad ti, scythe, etc). They tend to be in the $1000-$1300 range.

I can't however find any specific, ultralight 223 cans that dip much below that 8oz mark. Am I missing some section of the market, or is that just the feasible lower limit of manufacturing for a good can? Should I just get the .375 Raptor 8 with a .223 end cap and call it a day?

Thanks for the help in advance!

I'm not a huge fan of the straight Ti cans... but there's merit to their uses of course.

I'm a huge fan of Diligent Defense Enticer S Ti, which is a 30 cal can, but has some modularity to it; Otter Creek Labs also has a couple of Ti options, one of which is the Lithium, which is marketed as a 9mm can, but is rated for 223 for up to 50 rounds, from 16" barrels or longer.

AB is good stuff too, compared to the DD cans, though.