• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Leupold 170716 or 49802 Vari-X III with Target Dot Reticle

Gryphon

I am looking for either a Leupold 170716 or 49802 Vari-X III with Target Dot Reticle. Please let me know what you might have.

I believe I have one of those older discontinued Leupold VXIII scopes gloss black 1 inch front focus with 50 yard minimum A/O 6.5-20x50 with tall target capped turrets and very fine crosshair reticle. I don't have enough posts to send a PM maybe you can try to send me a PM to discuss.

For reference, I just recently did a deal with another member on this forum for reference and joined this forum specifically to buy his item for sale.

Willing to trade for an EFR version of this scope or entertain reasonable offer or trade for something I can use with comparable glass and reliability that doesn't have such a thin reticle since I'm getting old and have difficulty seeing too fine reticles and prefer closer focus parallax adjustment as well.

If you have any old USA made Burris Signature Rimfire Airgun 6-24x44 A/O or 8-32x44 A/O or Leupold VX3 EFR 6.5-20x40 A/O as long as they don't have the extra thin fine baby hair-like reticles, they would be some scopes I'd be interested in.

I totally understand your long and relentless search for exactly what you want. I too have some favorites that have long been discontinued with no direct replacements for.

Last edited:
I have a Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20X40 EFR 55154 1/8 target dot. if interested.