Let's see some pics of your McMillan Stocks!

0112111312.jpg

Mcmillan A-5 80%black, 20% dark gray, 10% light gray.
Saddle Cheek piece.

Question:

Does the adjustable cheek piece feel cheap? I'm concerned and I want some durable quality.

Beautiful gun though.

Hicks

No, I don't think its cheap at all. Actually, I may be wrong, but it appears to be made of aluminum and has some sort of rubber coating on it. I like the saddle much better than the Thumbwheel because it is so much faster to raise and lower.

I have another one with the thumbwheel, and I can't take my bolt out unless I crank the cheekpiece back down. Its not really a problem, just takes longer.

If you're going to spend the money for a McMillan, gut an adjustable cheekpiece. Also, while the A5 is very popular, I don't like it because of the bottom of the buttstock - the cutout on the bottom does not allow for making elevation changes with rear bag adjustments. Whereas the A3 has an angled buttstock and you can make elevation changes by sliding your rearbag backward or forward.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-260-mcr-59628/

Here's a 6.5-06AI build on a McMillan A-3 Sporter with the edge package

IMG_0774resize.jpg

And a 6.5x47Lapua on a McMillian A-3 Sporter

65x47LapuaResize.jpg

A5 Circa 2006. Ordered the Stock while I was in Iraq. It has been painted a bunch of different times so you can see it in different colors.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts