Let’s see some coyotes!

That's info I've been wanting to get!
I just put together a 6 ARC upper for dual use on Coyotes and feral pigs and haven't started loading for it yet.
I have a ton of 6mm bullets and several appropriate powders, need to get some factory ammo for break-in, getting initial sight-in for the scope, and adjusting my gas block for use with my suppressor.

Ed
75 grn vmax at 3200 hit like a truck

75 grn vmax at 3200 hit like a truck
Thanks!
I currently use the Speer 75gr HP @ 3400 out of my .243Win and love it for coyote work out to 500 yards but it's not a Hog bullet.
How do you think the VMax would work on the big boars?
My "go-to" bullet for Hogs and Deer out of my .243 is the 105gr Scenar-L and I would certainly appreciate a single bullet for Hogs & Dogs for my 6 ARC.

Ed

That's info I've been wanting to get!
I just put together a 6 ARC upper for dual use on Coyotes and feral pigs and haven't started loading for it yet.
I have a ton of 6mm bullets and several appropriate powders, need to get some factory ammo for break-in, getting initial sight-in for the scope, and adjusting my gas block for use with my suppressor.

Ed
I load my buddies 6 arc with Berger 77 grainers and it's a coyote hammer

88's work

Attachments

• IMG_9950.jpeg
    IMG_9950.jpeg
    707 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9949.jpeg
    IMG_9949.jpeg
    973.1 KB · Views: 13
Thanks!
I currently use the Speer 75gr HP @ 3400 out of my .243Win and love it for coyote work out to 500 yards but it's not a Hog bullet.
How do you think the VMax would work on the big boars?
My "go-to" bullet for Hogs and Deer out of my .243 is the 105gr Scenar-L and I would certainly appreciate a single bullet for Hogs & Dogs for my 6 ARC.

Ed
I have no experience with hogs but I bet that .243 with 87 grn vmax would be hard on them

I looked at the Hornady site for the 87 grn v-max they recommend them for 50 lbs. and under as a varmint bullet as they are designed to rapidly fragment. I found this when the 17 Remington first came out with the 25 grain factory load they at times wouldn't penetrate deep before blowing apart when I hit them in the shoulder. I wonder if that might happen with the 87 grn v-max ? Oddly I found that a heavy bullet worked on coyotes by not opening up as readily but also worked well on larger animals by mushrooming on them but not blowing apart on them. It might be that a different bullet design then a varmint bullet would work better for both animals.

I looked at the Hornady site for the 87 grn v-max they recommend them for 50 lbs. and under as a varmint bullet as they are designed to rapidly fragment. I found this when the 17 Remington first came out with the 25 grain factory load they at times wouldn't penetrate deep before blowing apart when I hit them in the shoulder. I wonder if that might happen with the 87 grn v-max ? Oddly I found that a heavy bullet worked on coyotes by not opening up as readily but also worked well on larger animals by mushrooming on them but not blowing apart on them. It might be that a different bullet design then a varmint bullet would work better for both animals.
Hornady 87 grain BTHP

Recent Posts