Let’s Do The Math…

You can buy once fired Remington from Diamond K Brass. I've bought several thousand from them with no issues.
Seems like the only problem there is that you get mixed primer size brass instead of either all small or all large. Maybe that is not important for you. I think it would be important for me.

Wrong. .223 brass only uses on size and I've never had any issues with primer pockets, etc. otherwise I wouldn't recommend them. Oh and the link is for all Remington brass. The also sell Lake City brass and offer a discount to vets.

I only shoot 223/556 in an AR platform. The math really makes a difference when you put a couple of hundred down range in an outing. I do reload for 223 in this rifle, but it probably doesn't make since from a economics and time perspective.

Seems like the only problem there is that you get mixed primer size brass instead of either all small or all large. Maybe that is not important for you. I think it would be important for me.
It's for a wildcat caliber. So it's actually saving my own personal stash of primers since I have to fireform/blow out case before it's ready to be loaded and shot.

Quit being basic, buy bougey Lapua brass.
Our RRA Coyote .223 shoots 0.25 groups with Lapua Brass 65gr SGK. With $65 per 100 for Lapua Brass been trying the past few days to get some fair prices. sure looks like better options out there with Hornady at 50-70% cheaper. I wouldn't feel bad when a fired case at a Yote goes flying out of our RRA into the bushes.

For a wildcat I would use the best longest lasting brass I could get once it is formed you will get more loads out of it so in the long run it will be cheaper or just buy enough of the cheap stuff to burn out your barrel

For a wildcat I would use the best longest lasting brass I could get once it is formed you will get more loads out of it so in the long run it will be cheaper or just buy enough of the cheap stuff to burn out your barrel
I talked to Phil Hoham at Lapua. The pressures I'm pushing may not be worth buying high end cases. Peterson and ADG don't make .223 cases. But I do appreciate all 3 companies promptly getting back to me. Weird when your not getting someone from India named "Bob" on the phone when calling in 2022. 🤣