Leica Geovid-R 10x42 rangefinder issue

PingGong3

When on my recent elk hunt, we tried ranging a good 6 point with my leicas while it was snowing. The snow was causing interference and wouldn't give me a reading. One of the guides had the same set up and couldn't get a range either. Meanwhile 2 other guys had a vortex fury and a leupold hand held range finder and both could get ranges. In order to avoid this issue in the future, what bino range finders do y'all recommend?
**Both of us had previously changed our batteries and still had the same issue.

My hunting buddy has the Leica geovid hd-b (2200) and they are horrible in the snow or fog and even rain. I have the Swarovski el range and now the el range with ta and the are so much better! I have even tried the Leica 3200.com in the fog and the Zeiss victory rf binoculars did better. I've had all three of the top brands and stuck with the new Swarovski and the Zeiss was my second choice just because the fog snow ranging and faster Moa hold value over the Leica 3200.

Man I just bought a pair of the Leicas 3200.Com Now I'm ready to return them because of this out what you told me thanks for the bad news lol I appreciate it