Leica Geovid 8x42, 10x42

Hunter66654

Ian, the question came up on another site concerning the quality of the laser in the new Geovids 8x42 and 10x42 since they are priced lower than the original Geovid 7x42. What is the difference in the lasers for the new versus the old Geovids and the # of lasers in the units ?

What is the price on this item? And how soon will it be available. Ranging out to 1,000 yards and the laser beam being 8 feet wide. Will that need a bigger target to bounce back. To me it will be nice to have the rangefinder and binocular all in one little strap around my neck.

If I remember right then retail prices are going to be $1400 for the 8x42 and $1500 for the 10x42

I just spoke with a Leica representative concerning the new 10x42 Geovid. He said the beam at a 1000yds for the old Geovid 7x42 is approximately 18 inches high and 36 inches wide while the beam for the new 10x42 at 1000 yds is approximately 20 inches high and 8 feet wide. Being able to reach 1300 yds is due to advances in electronics. Claims drop in price for the new product is due to advances in production and product design and not due to any drop in product quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.