Leica 1600B for yardage turrets?

The g7 br2 is a good rangefinder it's beam divergence leaves a little to be desired, but if one learns to use it properly and understands the settings and how to use them it can be a very effective tool in the field.
I'd say that it would be an upgrade from the swaro...are there better rangefinders out there ..yes
does the g7 work well especially in hunting scenerios ..yes

the br2 can be purchased as low as $1499.00 rangefinder has a built in computer that will calculate any changes and give you the corrections. program in in the br2 rangefinder no extra software is needed. the br2 lazer is the best on the market both of my br2s will give readings 2400 yards and one of the has given me a reading at 2912 yards I have a leica 1200 scan & 1500 scan in good conditions it will work to stated yards had a Swarovski sold it. Not as good as the leics both the leica and the Swarovski are good but not as good as the br2 you cant program your info you have to use somthing close. per set info. and that could be way off past 600 yards question is why would you limit yourself to 600 yards. Once you start shooting long range to far is no such thing. dont limit yourself for a few dollers. once you use the br2 you will be ****ed you bought anything else. the br2 has a super huge field of view and is way clearer than the others. trust me I have them all.

the br2 can be purchased as low as $1499.00 rangefinder has a built in computer that will calculate any changes and give you the corrections. program in in the br2 rangefinder no extra software is needed. the br2 lazer is the best on the market both of my br2s will give readings 2400 yards and one of the has given me a reading at 2912 yards I have a leica 1200 scan & 1500 scan in good conditions it will work to stated yards had a Swarovski sold it. Not as good as the leics both the leica and the Swarovski are good but not as good as the br2 you cant program your info you have to use somthing close. per set info. and that could be way off past 600 yards question is why would you limit yourself to 600 yards. Once you start shooting long range to far is no such thing. dont limit yourself for a few dollers. once you use the br2 you will be ****ed you bought anything else. the br2 has a super huge field of view and is way clearer than the others. trust me I have them all.

That is a bold statement. Best on the market? I'm not doubting the software is handy but when one buys a RF he always has the option to compute a solution the old way. If you can't get a range then nothing else matters as your guessing at that point.

Have you used a vectronix? I want a br2 as well but to say it's the best Lazer on the market may not be accurate. The lieca is half the price of the br2 and let's face it some people don't have the coin to spend. The lieca is a great rangefinder pair that with a 30 dollar app on a smart phone you already own at your setup pretty well. Pick up a 130$ weather station And you have a very capable setup for longrange shooting
I'm not knocking the br2 by any means as I said I would like one to try. But I had the choice to buy a br2 or a terrapin and I will never give up my terrapin, ever!

Have you used a vectronix? I want a br2 as well but to say it's the best Lazer on the market may not be accurate. The lieca is half the price of the br2 and let's face it some people don't have the coin to spend. The lieca is a great rangefinder pair that with a 30 dollar app on a smart phone you already own at your setup pretty well. Pick up a 130$ weather station And you have a very capable setup for longrange shooting
I'm not knocking the br2 by any means as I said I would like one to try. But I had the choice to buy a br2 or a terrapin and I will never give up my terrapin, ever!

I was ready to drop the hammer on a Terrapin but then they discontinued the cheaper (still pricey for me) model I was looking at.

One word in rangefinders Vectronixs
I've owned a g7, lieca 900,1200,and 1600, terrapin, and a plrf15
there is no comparison to Vectronix as far ranging goes period. That being said the best rangefinder in the affordable class has been the lieca 1600 or 1600 b. It's a lot of rangefinder for the money.

600 yards was the range at the start of this thread. The Leica will do all you need for that, as long as you prepare some adjustment dope before setting out, to deal with large temperature swings and major altitude gain/fall. My old Leica (I've moved on to the G7BR2 now) had dope taped on all sides covering these possibilities. For the rifle I was using then, it took a 20 degree temp change or a 1500ft altitude change to make an adjustment on the turret. Any system can be made to work more effectively if you do your homework beforehand.

Attachments

• Rangefinder Dope Cards 003.JPG
    Rangefinder Dope Cards 003.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Rangefinder Dope Cards 001.JPG
    Rangefinder Dope Cards 001.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Rangefinder Dope Cards 002.JPG
    Rangefinder Dope Cards 002.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 79
So I ordered the Leica 1600B I believe after hearing all the above and side studying it should cover quite well for what I intend to shoot hunting. Thanks

ok so now your going to find the buck of a life time. click on it with the leica take your eyes off the buck adjust for distance counting clicks try to adjust for angle and all the other peramiters hoping that the deer will still be there? or do you tell him to wait while you figure everything out.

ok so now your going to find the buck of a life time. click on it with the leica take your eyes off the buck adjust for distance counting clicks try to adjust for angle and all the other peramiters hoping that the deer will still be there? or do you tell him to wait while you figure everything out.

Uhh no, the the 1600 B adjusts for angle and all the other perimeters that I would have entered before the hunt, very acurately to 600 yds and I will have Dope charts if ever I choose to choot past that point.

the 1600b does all that for you. Temp, altitude, angle is all in their drops. Hit the button, it tells you the range and how many clicks to adjust for and send her on its way.

call me old school and antiquated but I use drop charts and do it all the old school way with verified information that I print out.
Range
look up adjustment on the drop chart of the temp I am shooting
adjust and shoot

Just get a moa or mil based turret a good ballistics program and away you go. The limitations of a yardage turret heavily out weigh the benefits.

Jordan@406

Agreed the minute you change any of the variables your turret becomes obsolete. Get a moa turret and a program and create drop charts for the field as backup. You have a lot more flexibility to change loads, out the scope on a different gun without the cost and in my opinion limited application of a fixed turret. If you're hunting at home in the same general conditions all the time to reasonable but not too extended ranges where the small variables may matter the turret could be fine..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts