Left hand pump

Blacklab1

Dad's getting older and he's been using a Remington 760 in 30-06 for the past 35-40 years and is reluctant to give it up, but he has some heart problems and I don't care for the way it belts him. I've been looking for a left hand pump in a liter caliber. I was hoping to find one in a 6.5 Creed but they don't exist, I seen them in 243 and 308 but I'm not a fan of the 243 and I'm not sure the 308 would be a whole lot better than the 06. Would it be worth trying to re-barrel a 308 to 6.5 or is there another option that I'm missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did Remington ever make a left handed pump? There's a member on here that has a .257 Robert's for sale here, it gives more power than the .243 and not as much punch as the .308. https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/remington-7600-257-roberts.366419/
I believe they did back in the day but the only things that I remember changed were that the safety worked opposite and the stock cheek piece also was on the opposite side, BUT the loading and ejection opening was still on the right side...I believe the 870 pump & 1100 semi however did load on the left side...memory gets blurred after 50 years...lol

Last edited:
I believe they did back in the day but the only things that I remember changed were that the safety worked opposite and the stock cheek piece also was on the opposite side, BUT the loading and ejection opening was still on the right side...I believe the 870 pump however did load on the left side...memory gets blurred after 50 years...lol
Yes that's the way dad's is, ejection port is on the right but the stock and safety is left handed.

You could look for a 6mm Rem or 280 rem, or 270win. My father just sold a 6mm rem one a couple years ago, not left hand version though.

Dad's getting older and he's been using a Remington 760 in 30-06 for the past 35-40 years and is reluctant to give it up, but he has some heart problems and I don't care for the way it belts him. I've been looking for a left hand pump in a liter caliber. I was hoping to find one in a 6.5 Creed but they don't exist, I seen them in 243 and 308 but I'm not a fan of the 243 and I'm not sure the 308 would be a whole lot better than the 06. Would it be worth trying to re-barrel a 308 to 6.5 or is there another option that I'm missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The ammo that Varmint Hunter suggested along with a good recoil pad (even a slip on) would be what I recommend. Not that many shots fired to deer hunt/sight in.

Recent Posts