Lawton 8000 CheyTac M310 bolt source

DebosDave

Anyone out there have any ideas where a guy could source a bolt for a Lawton 8000 action (CheyTac M310 should also work)? Have tried to search for a switch barrel hoping someone would split one off, but not having much luck...

Thanks in advance

Anyone out there have any ideas where a guy could source a bolt for a Lawton 8000 action (CheyTac M310 should also work)? Have tried to search for a switch barrel hoping someone would split one off, but not having much luck...

Thanks in advance
I have one what bolt face are you looking for! Mine was chambered for 416 rigby!

What ever happened there after he died? I know there was a PA connection, and had heard the machines were headed back there, but never heard any more about it.
They tried to make a go for a while. I think someone in the Bitterroot valley purchased out their equipment and maybe tried to continue making some actions and rifles, but I don't think they are still in business either.

Do you have the .416 barrel as well?

Thanks!
Sorry no,I have a 7 mm barrel . It shot great but I will most likely never switch back!It shoots 162 Hornadys at 35-3600 fps but I wanted something for the wind? Thus the 338-408 I also have about 95 new cases for 416 and 100 7mm416 with dies

Sorry no,I have a 7 mm barrel . It shot great but I will most likely never switch back!It shoots 162 Hornadys at 35-3600 fps but I wanted something for the wind? Thus the 338-408 I also have about 95 new cases for 416 and 100 7mm416 with dies

That sure sounds interesting!! What would you take for the barrel, bolt, and brass? How does this compare to the 7mm Ultra? Do you have load recipes?

oh, and dies LOL
The dies alone cost me 400 from neil jones with all instructions and load data, barrel was 600 and has break on it, So with bolt, dies barrel-148 down it,95-98 brass new,100 loaded 7mm-416 Make a good offer and it is yours But you do realize it take 7 steps to neck them down! When you hit deer at 1000 yds they dont move HaHaHa By the way it was chambered by Bruce Baer it is called 276 baer !

Thanks in advance

Don't know where you would find one...but I'm just confirming that the 310 model is the same as the 8000 model.
The .408 M310 Cheytac I sold a little while back had a BAT M action.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.