Large Rifle Primers?

1722040993489.png

This is with Rem 9 1/2 primers look at the vertical stringing. I would say that's worth a try.

I was just comparing prices. I could get 1000 Remington primers for grand total of $138.07 from Bruno Shooters Supply or I could get 1000 CCI primers for $198.80 from Miwall Corp. That's almost a $60 difference. I wonder why? I prefer the CCI but, it may be time to try the Remingtons.
Miwall is always high like gunbroker.

You'll do best on price at Natchez and Powder Valley.

Sometimes Midway or Brownells surprise, but they are usually a little higher.

Your Welcome, Get them while you can
Large Rifle Magnum Primers
Not now. Out of Stock! Trying to find LRP's and MLRP's is like pulling hen teeth. I have placed so many order or on waiting lists, it's isn't funny. I have all my supplies shipped to a place in Montana. About have the time I am not there, but place is open during most of the week.
To my surpries I had 2 brick of Fed 210M came in. I generally only order out a brick at a time. I'll take them anyway. Still trying to get my hands on some others, but keep coming up short.
Interesting on the Rem LRP in grouping that was acheived using them. i have been a Fed 210 and M user most of my life. I have had very good grouping along with other parts of the components.
With all the imput here on LRH, I have changed my mind and will try other primers in my load makeup. So the hunt for other primer has been interesting and frustrating at the same time.

Last edited:
"You just have to know where to look for them, certain brands like remington and winchester are fairly easy to get."

OK, so where do you need to look for them? I'd really like to know. I keep an eye out at local shops and check out the usual online places. Midway and Midsouth and like places.

Also curious. Do you need a FFL to purchase primers and powder online? I've never done that before. I always made my purchases at local sporting good stores.
Take a road trip to Shydas Outdoors in Lebanon Pa. If you need them that bad. Just call before you leave. Pay for them online if they have them. They will hold them for you to pickup. They are located right across the street from the Lebanon Va facility. Prices are pretty good when they have them in stock. I do think they have a limit on how many you can buy at once. I believe it was 2 bricks. They may have lifted that. But not sure. Get on their email list. They will notify you when they have them in stock. Then be quick. ere's their link.

https://shydasoutdoorcenter.com/federal-215-champion-large-rifle-magnum-primer-fed215/

Last edited:
Take a road trip to Shydas Outdoors in Lebanon Pa. If you need them that bad. Just call before you leave. Pay for them online if they have them. They will hold them for you to pickup. They are located right across the street from the Lebanon Va facility. Prices are pretty good when they have them in stock. I do think they have a limit on how many you can buy at once. I believe it was 2 bricks. They may have lifted that. But not sure. Get on their email list. They will notify you when they have them in stock. Then be quick. ere's their link.

https://shydasoutdoorcenter.com/federal-215-champion-large-rifle-magnum-primer-fed215/

My favorite place to shop.

I was just comparing prices. I could get 1000 Remington primers for grand total of $138.07 from Bruno Shooters Supply or I could get 1000 CCI primers for $198.80 from Miwall Corp. That's almost a $60 difference. I wonder why? I prefer the CCI but, it may be time to try the Remingtons.
My primer choices are CCI, Federal, Winchester, and Remington, in order of preference. Surprisingly, however, they have been performers in my.257 WBY, .30 Gibbs, and .300 WSM.

I see in different areas that LRP are coming down. Some places don't ship their primers. It's to bad. Those primer are then range of $80.00 per M. I would have to say I think that we are being had. Especially when you see prices are cut in half. I don't know who's sticking who in the butt, but somebody is for sure.
I also feel that with the high inflation that has gone on, it's taking a lot of extra fund away from reloading. I continue seeing sale after sale, and items coming down some, but slowly.
Example: Primers were about $40 per M, now 160+ per M. Same primers, but 4 time the price and higher. Same equipment, and it any upgrades, which generally increase production rates. So that figures in and at least prices should be about the same, not twice as much.

I see in different areas that LRP are coming down. Some places don't ship their primers. It's to bad. Those primer are then range of $80.00 per M. I would have to say I think that we are being had. Especially when you see prices are cut in half. I don't know who's sticking who in the butt, but somebody is for sure.
I also feel that with the high inflation that has gone on, it's taking a lot of extra fund away from reloading. I continue seeing sale after sale, and items coming down some, but slowly.
Example: Primers were about $40 per M, now 160+ per M. Same primers, but 4 time the price and higher. Same equipment, and it any upgrades, which generally increase production rates. So that figures in and at least prices should be about the same, not twice as much.
It comes down to supply and demand. Raw material cost . Look at copper prices. That says a lot . Also be ware of the great deals that don't take CCs that is a scam