Kenetrek's leak?

I agree with Cody. Hold them accountable. If they aren't going to stand behind their products they shouldn't be selling them. You can go to Wal-Mart and get boots that leak for a lot less money. Mine haven't leaked and I have wore one pair for at least 5 years. But if you are just going to buy a pig in the poke there are cheaper options. Hope they treat you right. Good luck.

All good advice. I'll do that after hunting season. Better to finish it out with leaky boots that are broken in than buy some new leakers and get blisters.

My elk hunting partner bought some 2 years ago. The first pair leaked. He sent them back for replacement. The new pair leaked, and he sent them back. They sent him yet another pair...that leaked also. He finally just kept the last leaky pair. Customer service was great, just couldn't deliver a good product. My pair have never leaked and I love them!

Hunted in the rain today. Left foot wet by 10. What a crock. I used a ton of grease on them the other day. Hunted the rest of the day and packed my wifes buck out in x-tra tuffs. Not what I had in mind. Back to the boot dryer.

You ought to send them back, just telling them you want another pair. Even if their leak test shows they are not leaking they should give you another pair. It's not like you would be demanding your money back or anything.

I've had a pair for about 5 years. I haven't had them to leak yet.
I've never had an issue with rolling my ankles, either.
Good luck.

My elk hunting partner bought some 2 years ago. The first pair leaked. He sent them back for replacement. The new pair leaked, and he sent them back. They sent him yet another pair...that leaked also. He finally just kept the last leaky pair. Customer service was great, just couldn't deliver a good product. My pair have never leaked and I love them!

Some guys just have crummy luck. I heard great things about them as well. The only pair of leather boots I've ever had that didn't leak were some of the original Danner 200 gr insulated book boots with a Vibram sole. Trying to hunt in the rain forest in Vibram soles, however is a death sentence. One barkless alder branch and your'e going down.
I thought their customer service was great as well. The lady I talked too was super nice. Boots just leak.

Last edited:
By the way, I put a review on the Kenetreks in the LRH store. Was never posted . I'm not sure what good reviews do for a guy if only the good ones are displayed.

Hmmmmm,

I have a pair of Kennetreks. I hunted with them for 5 says in a spike camp. 15+ inches of snow every day. I had wet boots the whole time. Sooooo, the "wet" boots did fine. They weren't to bad in the "soaked feet" department. Now... let me tell you what!. I got black toenails due to bad fit, when waling out. Not my big toe gut my second toe. Serious trauma... enough to cause my second tonail to turn black. Hey... I don't have a Morgan's toe. It's regular by most standards.

Honestly... I'll try to make these boots work becacuse I'm not a rich Italian "girley boy" who doesn't mind throwing away their hard earned money on boots that don't fit and don't work.
Seriously... my feet were screwed up for a good long while. Sore feet because of my boots and not "despite of them".

That's my hunt. Sorry I didn't kill a truck load of deer, but I did walk and them some. Hunting boots that don't accommodate ample toe space, for both up and down hiking... are useless, IMO.

Oh... and if you want me to review you boot... your going to have to pay me what it's worth. My time and life isn't free.

I hate bad boots.

They're like men, posing to be women. Maybe You like that but, when it's all said and done... you feet will suffer every step they deserve. In every seance and concern...

Seriously... do you need to do your thinking for you"?

If you don't know up from down"... heaven help you?

Mine are non insulated Mountain Extremes. They have been replaced 4 times. Last year they would not replace them again, but repaired them. They still leaked. They are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. They just leak. Seems like the insulated ones are better.

Steve

So did they take them back?
I didn't buy them from the LRH store, I was just trying to leave an honest review of my experience. Seems most people are happy with theirs. I like mine too, but my feet don't stay dry. Anyways, I'm kind of beating a dead horse here.

Recent Posts