Keeping your barrel cool…

I purchased relatively small and inexpensive ($28) inflater/deflater pump from Amazon with an internal battery. I can charge it via usb and it really moves a lot of air. I connected a length of large plastic tubing to it then I placed the airpump inside my ice chest to pull super cool air into the gun. I would shoot a group then turn on the pump for five minutes to cool the barrel down. I did this at least 6 times without running the battery down And it worked like a champ. I also had had a usb solar rechargeable usb battery pack for backup power, but it was not needed.

FLEXTAILGEAR MAX 2020 Portable air pump with 3600mAH Battery USB Rechargeable -Quick Inflate Deflate for air Mattress/Bed Pool Toys, Floats, Swimming Ring, Vacuum Storage Bags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088NMQJSN/

IMG_1860.jpeg

I live in the Gunshine state deal with the same. I use my cordless job site fan to blow on me while I'm shooting which keeps the sweat from dripping on the eye pro and from digging up. Fire a round or two then turn it up high and point it at the barrel. Cools the barrel in a couple minutes

I rigged up a small 12 volt pump that feeds a window washer tube onto the breech end and flows straight isopropyl alcohol through copper tube wrapped around the barrel. Two minutes and the barrel is cool to the touch. Elaborate, I know, but it needs to be fast for me.
Tried fans and moving air, not fast enough…I even tried my petrol 2 stroke blower! Lol.

Cheers.

There is a Coleman cordless air mattress blower that works best. Someone a while back tested all the gadgets out there in a post on LRO and it won in the test. Pretty cheap. Bought mine on Amazon. On the flip side one of the best things I've used on my bench was a towel, left over ice and water in my cooler and soaking the towel in it and wrapping it around the barrel cooling it when's it that hot. It evaporates quickly. No residual moisture. Most barrels are stainless and carbon so there's no real effects to it other than getting you back to shooting.