Just ordered some 138gr. Hammer HHT for my .308 Win

43.0 grains yielded 2691 fps. 44.0 grains yielded 2741 with an ejector swipe and sticky bolt lift. This was out a 1:11 20" Tikka CTR. I was hoping for something North of 2800 with that barrel. I did use a Lee factory crimp die. Wondering if I should try it without, but I always read on here how folks like to crimp their Hammer loads…

Sorry OP, not trying to hijack. Perhaps some good information you could use here.
I think that crimp is causing the quick pressure.
OP, let us know how that works for you. Noticed on the Hammer Reloading page the TAC was on the list but not VARGET.

I'm gonna say try without the crimp and see what happens. It's the phantom pressure without velocity. Could be too much burn in the chamber and not enough down the tube. Could be one of those slow rifles. Could be too much space in the chamber causing bolt thrust. Could be brass still has case lube on it. Could be too hot of a primer.

I'm gonna say try without the crimp and see what happens. It's the phantom pressure without velocity. Could be too much burn in the chamber and not enough down the tube. Could be one of those slow rifles. Could be too much space in the chamber causing bolt thrust. Could be brass still has case lube on it. Could be too hot of a primer.
Tried without a crimp today and had no pressure signs with all my loads. Highest velocity was 2851.

How were your groupings?
buttholes keep GIF

Like 5/8"!

In my tikka and savage storm with 47 tac lrp 3250fps. But hit pressure in ruger gen 2 at 46.5 Almost 3200fps. With lupua srp brass hard bolt sticky case. 46 no pressure.
That's with the 124hh.