Joiled the 1 mile club today

Congrats!! I doubt very seriously that I`ll ever get the opportunity ( or probably the equipment! ), but a question of curiosity for the board. What does everyone think is the least/smallest caliber that one could/should shoot to make a mile and have a good chance for consistency? Thanks.
I recently took a 2-day long range class and while that exact question did not come up, the instructor had great praise for the 6.5 CM. And he was former Army/ Ranger Sniper and his current hunting rigs include 300 Norma mag. He still participated in making fun of the 6.5 CM with the usual joking.

I have several guns that could be capable of doing this….. there is a problem though. I don't have enough adjustment on the scopes to get them there. Those 2 guns would be, a 6 dasher and 7 saum. The gun I have taken out to a mile, is a modern 300 winmag. It has .195 freebore on it which allows me to shoot a 215 Berger at 2,975fps. When I take it out to a mile, I only have to adjust 66MOA. If I was to take the 6 dasher out that far, it would be 210 MOA. I don't think the caliber is the limitation is my main point. Sorry to derail the OP. Congratulations again, it's a small club you're in!

I have several guns that could be capable of doing this….. there is a problem though. I don't have enough adjustment on the scopes to get them there. Those 2 guns would be, a 6 dasher and 7 saum. The gun I have taken out to a mile, is a modern 300 winmag. It has .195 freebore on it which allows me to shoot a 215 Berger at 2,975fps. When I take it out to a mile, I only have to adjust 66MOA. If I was to take the 6 dasher out that far, it would be 210 MOA. I don't think the caliber is the limitation is my main point. Sorry to derail the OP. Congratulations again, it's a small club you're in!
An excellent point sir! Thank you.

My current setup, according to 4DOF, can get me out to 2150 yards with my fast loads. Possibly further if I don't use all my zoomies.

We have room to get out there on my friends property if his neighbor doesn't mind the target being placed in his field. The next goal is 2000. That would be pretty sweet!

I have an Arken EP-5 in mils on my 7 PRC
Zeroed it at 200 yards
I have 23.5 mils elevation in the turrets after zero plus holdovers in the reticle
18 mils to hit the mile and 23.5 should get me to about 2000, if not I'll just holdover as needed
16x magnification was enough for me to make hits and see misses but couldn't quite see where my impacts were on the plate
Next time maybe I'll try 18-20x

I recently took a 2-day long range class and while that exact question did not come up, the instructor had great praise for the 6.5 CM. And he was former Army/ Ranger Sniper and his current hunting rigs include 300 Norma mag. He still participated in making fun of the 6.5 CM with the usual joking.
All things considered, especially the fact that I shoot factory loads, should my club range go to 1K from 500, my 1K rifle will in all likelihood be 6.5 CM. Love my Savage .223, however, and would keep it to shoot at small gongs to about 600 or so.