Italy travel and experience, go someday and experience it!

My wife and I went in 2021 when it opened after covid. We really enjoyed our trip. We went to Rome and Florence. I would have to say, I enjoyed Florence over Rome. We did most of the main attractions. But for me the food stole the show. Everywhere we ate at was delicious. By far some of the best food I have ever had. We even ate at one of the best steakhouse's in the world. We finished our trip with a pizza making class in Florence. That was really fun. I would definitely go again, but would do the smaller towns on the next trip.View attachment 608432View attachment 608433View attachment 608434View attachment 608435View attachment 608436
We ate there also. Was excellent.

IMG_3494.png

The air looks real clean & clear.
My grandfather was a WWII merchant mariner engineer, who frequently stopped at Venice before, during, and right after WWII. I have a 80-90 year old water color painting of a Venice harbor scene hanging on the wall next to our gas fireplace in suburbia Montana.

Will provide photo.

Ops photos are smashing good!!!!

Just back from my honeymoon in Europe - went to Luxembourg, Belgium, France and Germany. Did France, Spain and Italy about 8 years ago now - it was fantastic.

I will never fly in to Paris for the same reason as the OP - clearing customs is a CF. I recommend you fly in to Zurich, much better - zero hassle! We did it DIY - we planned our first two nights in advance and then planned the rest as we went, very ad-hoc and fun.

The Pope decided to visit Luxembourg the day after we arrived, our hotel was across from the Grand Ducal Palace where he was gonna hang out so we lit out for Vianden - what a cool town. Thanks for sharing the pics - looks like a great time was had by all. :)

My wife and I went in 2021 when it opened after covid. We really enjoyed our trip. We went to Rome and Florence. I would have to say, I enjoyed Florence over Rome. We did most of the main attractions. But for me the food stole the show. Everywhere we ate at was delicious. By far some of the best food I have ever had. We even ate at one of the best steakhouse's in the world. We finished our trip with a pizza making class in Florence. That was really fun. I would definitely go again, but would do the smaller towns on the next trip.View attachment 608432View attachment 608433View attachment 608434View attachment 608435View attachment 608436
Now That's a Steak!