Issues with factory nosler ammo.

andy10401

Hey all

So recently out on a moose hunt. Time came to shoot the moose fired the shot. Cycled the bolt and the fresh round jammed in the chamber. At this point im scratching my head wondering what I did to cause said issue. after a little tinkering I was able to get the round out and when inspecting the spent case I noticed the primer had blown out. I do quite a bit of hand loading and never had this happen didn't really expect to see it from factory ammo. I have reached out to nosler working on sending the ammo back to them so they can test it. Curious anyone else have these kinda issues before with factory ammo.

Ammo is nosler expansion tip
Caliber 300 win 180gr

Attachments

• IMG_8950.jpeg
    IMG_8950.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8940.jpeg
    IMG_8940.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 112
Definitely signs of pressure, but in my experience nosler brass is wayyy soft and lot of times shows false positives for pressure.

Blown primer isn't good though.
Yeah I really stopped using the nosler brass for my hand loads because I would get pressure signs early and I'm always one to err on the side caution.

Hey all

So recently out on a moose hunt. Time came to shoot the moose fired the shot. Cycled the bolt and the fresh round jammed in the chamber. At this point im scratching my head wondering what I did to cause said issue. after a little tinkering I was able to get the round out and when inspecting the spent case I noticed the primer had blown out. I do quite a bit of hand loading and never had this happen didn't really expect to see it from factory ammo. I have reached out to nosler working on sending the ammo back to them so they can test it. Curious anyone else have these kinda issues before with factory ammo.

Caliber 300 win 180g
Any chance some sort of debris, water or excessive oil was in the chamber?

Hey all

Caliber 300 win 180gr
130 gr Win XP3 270wsm factory ammo was over pressure alot. Hard bolt lift about 50% of the time. Flattened primers but never stuck a case. I shot a small mulley doe at 100 yards who was facing me head on in the middle of her chest, drt, the bullet went all the way to her rump and stopped just under the hide. That's a lot of penetration and it was a perfect mushroom. That's the only round on a deer that I've ever recovered because they usually exit. Sometimes factory ammo is a bit warm.