Interesting primer seating tool

I noticed my Es & SD numbers got a lot tighter at .008 seating depth. This was before this tool, the difference is this tool does the task a lot faster and more consistently than what I used in the past. No one thing increases accuracy but the more things you can control and be more consistent on will result in better groups downrange.

I noticed my Es & SD numbers got a lot tighter at .008 seating depth. This was before this tool, the difference is this tool does the task a lot faster and more consistently than what I used in the past. No one thing increases accuracy but the more things you can control and be more consistent on will result in better groups downrange.
Talking to my UBR shooting neighbor yesterday. He told me he seats his .009 below and groups great. He was the most winning shooter last year in the county.

I like how it doesn't take a lot of effort to seat primer. At this time I have not tested seating depth results on paper. It did hold +- .0005 depth for me tho. I tested some loads at 600 the other day, had the confidence knowing they were all close in depth. Next will be testing various seating depths to see if it helps or hinders.
I assume you have to adjust it every time you change cartridges, or shell holder's. I'm guessing it stays pretty close.

Ok, so I use a Sinclair primer pocket uniforming tool. Then I just seat my primers with my RCBS hand priming tool. How would this tool be better than that?
There are a lot of different primer seaters that can achieve the same results as this one. I just happened to have an extra press I got from my wife's grandfather recently and I liked how this tool operated as far as precision and easy of use. It will not ever need to be taken in or out of the extra press. Which will further increase the ease of use for me. Take it for what you will but these are my reasons for using it

Something else to make loading more expensive. But apparently a well made tool. Call me old, I'll stick with what I have, and use the money to buy primers.
it's making reloading cheaper (if you want micrometer controlled seating depth)!!

far cheaper than a primal rights, and cheaper than a rcbs bench mount with a hollands upgrade.

thanks for watching sir

I use a Dillon 750. The primer seating is not consistent. Mostly seats between -.001 and +.001.
For my more precision loads, I prime on the Dillon for speed but then run the cases through an old Lee ACP. On the ACP, a rod drops down through the case mouth and bottoms out on the inside bottom of the case which holds the case in place so rim thickness/shell holders are not an issue. On the down stroke, a pin comes up from underneath and seats the primer. They are dead on -.004 every time.
Reseating takes about 2 seconds per case. Unfortunately you can not adjust the seating depth.

Attachments

• 20240402_104515.jpg
    20240402_104515.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 17