• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Interest check 338 RUM

Idaho Trecker

I am seeing if there is any interest in a Sako 85 Classic that started life as a 338 win mag and I had rechambered to a 338 RUM. As stated it is the factory barrel which comes in just a hair over 24". I had Defensive Edge install their brake on it which I am extremely pleased with. I have put between 100 and 150 rounds down the tube. I also just finished bedding the action. I have a very good load worked up around a 285 A max that shoots right at .5 moa. The package would also include RCBS FL die set, +- 40 brass, and the new Talley base/ring combo which are not in this picture. I also have the original factory box and papers. The scope, bipod, and sling are not included. I have only hunted with this rifle this season.

The rifle is in very good shape and has a very nice piece of walnut for those who appreciate the fancy stocks. There is one compression mark that is .5 inch long, 0.027 wide towards the bottom of the pistol grip from a metal ruler falling off a shelf that I happened to have the rifle leaning on at the time (thats my luck).

I am considering selling so I can pursue a different build.

Between parts, smith costs, accessories I have $2710 into this.

I'm looking to get $2000 out of it.

If there is any interest I can post more pictures or can email directly.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Ryan

Attachments

• 20141031_125332.jpg
    20141031_125332.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 10
Tracker,

Hope I'm doing a good thing with this post...

To promote this rifle a bit as I feel it should have been gone already.

The Sako is a well above average in quality.

O.5 MOA with a killer bullet is not all that easy to come by. To get there in 150 rounds certainly says something.

In my thick noggin the 338 RUM is an optimum big game LR chambering.

My 700, which also began life as a 338 Winny is my goto big game LR carry rig. Scope on it limits my max range to 900 yards. All shots, at game, have been well under that max range. Hits on small rocks have been much longer. :)

Properly outfitted you'll find it pleasant to shoot.

Serious consideration to this rifle at the stated price is a darn decent offering, especially with the 0.5 MOA proven consistency.

HTH