Intact ecosystem my @$#%)&

....We will see what the greenies say when the wolves finally kill off the last woodland caribou in the lower 48. Theres 11 left......

BC and Alberta are spending about a million a year trying to kill wolves faster than they can kill caribou. Alberta is talking poison again.

Kind of a strange process, they quit sending us caribou because we weren't controlling cats. I think the actual quote was we aren't sending you any more cat food. Then they send us wolves, are sandwiched with a population from the south.

The Kalispel tribe is reportedly trying to get some caribou, and high fence them.

How is the wolf situation in north east WA? I never hear anything about wolves out of WA.

A coworker deer hunted general season rifle in colville national forest for 3 days and saw one deer. And only heard one shot.

We've watched the area we hunt go from no moose-no wolves, to moose-no wolves, to wolves.
10 years ago if I drew that tag, I'd have held out for a monster. This year we saw one old cow.
If you see moose tracks in the road, usually there's a wolf track right behind.
The glory boards in local stores, have no pictures of moose. I now of one N.Idaho tag that went unfilled, they did kill a wolf however.
Game department says moose are great, and increased tags. I think their plan is to claim over hunting ruined it.

Just give them all the flu...bad as it's been around this year it shouldn't take long.

It might make you feel better-unfortunately it doesn't change the situation. Only poison, and some dog diseases are effective.
I think the combination of hunting, and trapping will work to keep the population the same. So yes it doesn't change the problem, but it shouldn't get worse.
Poison will reduce the population but only if its a widespread and coordinated effort, like in the 1800's

Don't think northern Idaho is alone....elk hunting last we near soda springs produced wolf tracks chasing elk...and in Malad a couple wolves came into town to eat a lab..on the porch....
The California/Oregon cascade pack isn't small anymore....spreading throughout the cascades....and game officers are sneaking around them to catch people killing them....so watch you butts....

New home in Crater Lake National Park Oregon........

Attachments

• 6608.jpeg
    6608.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 180
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.