IMR8133 and Berger 180 grain VLD

Are you sure it has a 9.5" twist?
I thought they were all 9.25".
I know mine is, it started life as a 7RM.
I'm using 168gr & 175gr ABLR. Still waiting on 180gr Berger, there's no current importer here at present.

Cheers.

Are you sure it has a 9.5" twist?
I thought they were all 9.25".
I know mine is, it started life as a 7RM.
I'm using 168gr & 175gr ABLR. Still waiting on 180gr Berger, there's no current importer here at present.

Cheers.

You could try the 175gr ELD-X if you can get it although you'd need a 1 in 8.5" at least if I am not mistaken

Measured CBTO and COAL to lands with Berger VLD 180 grain tonight.

CBTO 3.258

COAL 3.970

Im concerned about the magazine space in my Rem 700 Sendero FS 7mm STW and getting the VLD to work and still be able to use magazine.

Interesting, that throat is long.
I was asked what throat I wanted, one reamer was .061" throat, called '0 freebore' and the other was a SAAMI reamer with .180" throat.
I chose the zero freebore as this will keep me within .020" with my max mag length at 3.690".
Although a big jump is no big deal, I do this with several of my rifles and they still shoot itty bitty groups.

Cheers.

Interesting, that throat is long.
I was asked what throat I wanted, one reamer was .061" throat, called '0 freebore' and the other was a SAAMI reamer with .180" throat.
I chose the zero freebore as this will keep me within .020" with my max mag length at 3.690".
Although a big jump is no big deal, I do this with several of my rifles and they still shoot itty bitty groups.

Cheers.
I believe my jump would be .320 to keep it in the magazine. Rifle shoots excellent with factory ammo.