If you had 10 days to live !!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but my dad was told he had 2 months left to live when he was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer. Him and my mom have plenty of money. They spent the last 2 months of his life in the hospital where he passed away. I was there for a good portion of it and I can assure you it wa not a good time and we weren’t trying to go anywhere else.

My advice, get your affairs in order for your family now and live your life while you’re healthy…because when the last 10 days come, it’s likely to not be fun.

Again sorry for the Debbie downer post, but this is pretty fresh for me.

I would give as much money away as I could to those in need. GOD has blessed me beyond belief in my life and I lack for nothing and if I do, I am not aware of it so it is not important. My kids would be set for life so they could do anything they wanted. I would really like to make amends with anyone who feels I wronged them and to make sure I am at peace with GOD.

Due to declining health and a serious health issue a few years ago, I have already given much thought to passing on sometime in the future. Though, having the money the op states and only 10 days, I would begin giving much of it away, establishing trusts, various foundations, making sure all my various family were well cared for, my religious org, etc, etc. Money and material wealth serves no purpose in the grave, and quite frankly with only ten days, I would not spend much on myself.

I would plan a simple funeral with a simple coffin, maybe take one last trip with family and to the place I wish to die and be buried. Enjoy treating family and friends to great views, good food and sharing many memories of times past. Then when that final day comes, I would sit on a mount and enjoy one last sunset.

Of course and if he wants them, all my firearms and reloading and shooting supplies would go to my son, but if he doesn't want them all due to not being the hunter nor shooter I am/was, I would make a few other people happy.

This watercolor gives me hope
Screenshot_20240311_202617_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I would begin giving much of it away, establishing trusts, various foundations, making sure all my various family were well cared for, my religious org, etc, etc. Money and material wealth serves no purpose in the grave
Things to think about....all that money you have accumulated over the years..and leave to organizations that would squander it..pocket it..and after you're gone they don't care whom you were....

Be better to leave it to St Judes....to The Shriners Hospitals......give those kids truly in need a chance to be able to smile again..or in many case for the first time...
They won't ever know you...but you would be remembered more than by a church..or a animal shelter...or such......

I would give as much money away as I could to those in need. GOD has blessed me beyond belief in my life and I lack for nothing and if I do, I am not aware of it so it is not important. My kids would be set for life so they could do anything they wanted. I would really like to make amends with anyone who feels I wronged them and to make sure I am at peace with GOD.
That’s awesome 👍
You guys make me look like a selfish *** that just wants to have fun which I assure I’m not.

Recent Posts