I pieced together an AR

budlight

20 inch stainless flutted 8:1. I had a bunch of spare this and that for future repairs, but I got to thinking that all I'm missing is Hogue butt stock and grips to make something complete.

Home made light weight hammer. Drilled and ground down. lighter trigger springs and polished catch so it's much better than a Mil Spec that it started out as. I spent hours on the wire wheel then polishing wheel making the barrel beautiful. I preferr slick sided uppers, but I had this forward assist model in a box for 15 years. Wide nice charging handle new in 15 year old box. A extra Nickle boron full auto bolt. The counter stike red dot sights. Tall easy to grab take down pins. Rifle length gas tube with .072 flash hole for shooting 55,000+ psi 5.56 rounds. I've had similar barrels really shot nice with 69 gr HPBT over 28 grains of 2000-MR for 3100 fps. I actually got the best 200 yard groups toned down to right at 3000 fps. My last 8 pound jug. You can't find alliant powders around here. sticker on it says $179.99 LOL We must have 100% inflation on the price today for 8 pounds.

20240917_080549.jpg

Last edited: