Hunting bullet performance

I like my bullets to hold together and penetrate. I'm not fond of tossing good meat away because it's peppered with lead fragments.

Just shot a doe about an hr ago . Used my 7mm08 with 120 gr ballistic tip at right at 3000 fps hit her right in front of shoulder bullet penetrated through her and came out second to last rib. She jumped straight in the air and fell over drt no kicks or nothing. The shot was right at 85 yards not long at all just happened to catch her while walking into my stand for the evening. I really like the way the ballistic tips work from the 308 based cartridge family. I believe that it's just about optimal case size and the right speed

I have been shooting mostly Berger hunting bullets on big game. They have got it done for me. Only 1 exited, and that was a quartering toward shot, but they make a mess of the organs.

I have seen the results first hand on 4 cow elk and 2 mulies. None made it more than 40 yards. With the results, I will take the no exit. I would not shoulder shoot animals on purpose with Bergers on cow elk or larger.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.