How Many Loads You Get Out of Your Brass?

He wouldn't happen to be a doctor, would he? ;-)
I have a neighbor like that. My wife's cousin has a neighbor like that. Both doctors. Both incredibly lacking in common sense, and always getting into "escapades" with country life.
I've done well in life but many of the people I was taking AP high school classes with in high school did better, at least from the tradional sense, by becoming experts in very narrow fields. A guy I was in Calculus with paid me $50 dollars to change his tire. I'm not sure if I had more common sense because I knew how to change a tire or he knew it was better to put his efforts toward becoming a heart surgeon than learning how to change a tire.

I've done well in life but many of the people I was taking AP high school classes with in high school did better, at least from the tradional sense, by becoming experts in very narrow fields. A guy I was in Calculus with paid me $50 dollars to change his tire. I'm not sure if I had more common sense because I knew how to change a tire or he knew it was better to put his efforts toward becoming a heart surgeon than learning how to change a tire.
I hardly got out of Hight School, and also a straight "D" average. Not trying to pound my chest, but I am well ahead of most in my my high school class. It's all about on how you apply yourself, and look for things that can get you ahead. That is legal too. My word is my bound.

I haven't played with a 7 STW but a small bit... but 300WM I have extensive experience with. The only way I was able to get 50+ firings was with Lapua cases, a Neil Jones collet die, and a tight control of secondary headspace on the shoulder.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Nosler brass is much tougher from case head separation. Remington brass is starting to split above the belt 3-4 firings.

There is a laundry list of reasons. One that comes to mind is he direct buried 150ft of extension cord "3x 50ft cords" to get power to a greenhouse. Drives a Tesla with a "ridin' with Biden" bumper sticker but refuses hook up the Tesla charging station in his garage because he doesn't want "them" to know how much he charges the car. Bought a sig cross in 277furry. Put asphalt shingles on a storage building upside down because he liked the color of the underside better. Installed and a water heater in his barn "so that his water troughs wouldn't freeze anymore"....pipes run through the rafters and are un insulated! He learned enough reloading from his father to be dangerous. His father who was a brilliant guy was my middle school wood shop teacher. Oh i almost forgot the most recent escapade. He glued his hands together when a bottle of super glue busted and he "tried to save it" in a ziplok bag. This happened when i was at work and my wife had to drive him the the ER. These are a few reasons why I playfully refer to my neighbor Bobby as "my idiot neighbor".
Pretty good list. Curious why you put the 277 Sig Fury in there though?

I hardly got out of Hight School, and also a straight "D" average. Not trying to pound my chest, but I am well ahead of most in my my high school class. It's all about on how you apply yourself, and look for things that can get you ahead. That is legal too. My word is my bound.
If I compare myself to my entire highschool class, I'm easily in the top 5% but I was taking classes with the top 1%. One guy runs a successful law firm, one is an executive at Microsoft, several MDs and at least one PhD. I traveled the world making very good money, had a great time and married an amazing, beautiful women. I'm 41 and could easily retire whenever I want but I enjoy my job. I was the guy they assigned to projects that weren't going well because I could go out into the field and get everything straightened out. 95% of my job was "common sense"; my point was people tend to overvalue "common sense" when specific knowledge pays better.

I also gained a lot of common sense while I was in the Army but that was generally **** all around.

If I compare myself to my entire highschool class, I'm easily in the top 5% but I was taking classes with the top 1%. One guy runs a successful law firm, one is an executive at Microsoft, several MDs and at least one PhD. I traveled the world making very good money, had a great time and married an amazing, beautiful women. I'm 41 and could easily retire whenever I want but I enjoy my job. I was the guy they assigned to projects that weren't going well because I could go out into the field and get everything straightened out. 95% of my job was "common sense"; my point was people tend to overvalue "common sense" when specific knowledge pays better.

I also gained a lot of common sense while I was in the Army but that was generally **** all around.
I saw a lot of stupid things in the Army. It only took me 22 months and 3 weeks to get the hell out of there. I watched 7 men that were captains in the 3 different troops in the 7 months I was with my platoon. I have somewhere between 35 an 40 fire fights under my belt during that time. Spent the balance of my time doing special Op's, and flighting dust off. Had I know my unit was one of the unit that when into Cambia in 1970, I would have stayed. The light col I would have follow him anywhere. There was one Captain I would have done the same for. It took me awhile to figure out the Col, but after 4 month in the field and one day we were taken over by a 1 star general. That General got our asses kicked. June 19, 1969. That day I learn a lot about do's and don'ts and leaders. A lot of them couldn't hit their A** with both hands. I could go on and on, but most would go over people heads, and this is not the place for it either. PTSD rules the day. The men that fought in the 90 thru 2021 my hat off all of them. They didn't have to go, but they did, and they got screwed too being put back into the fight year after year. My was 12 months was like most in Vietnam. The first Bush and Trump were the only two that did anything right. The rest were Pis*ing in the wind, and wonder why it was blowing back into their faces. If there a will, there a way! One of my sons is a DDS, and specialized with additional 3 yrs. The other has his MBA is moving forward. So education is great if you can apply it, otherwise it's a waste of money, and you don't need it. Just the will and hard work.
At lease these men aren't being spit at. Sorry, sometime the PTSD get the best of me.