How many Brux fans...?

Running a Brux on my 338. 27" heavy varmint profile. I like it. I always ran Krieger on my bench guns but bought this as a barreled action. Shot some pretty nice groups in my lifetime, until about a month ago my best group ever was a .112 with a 22-250 at 200 yards. That translates into around .056 at a hundred for a 5 shot group. That was a nice little cloverleaf from a 26" Krieger. Then a month ago I shot the group in the upper left corner with the Brux on my 338 RUM. The group is a 5 shot group and measures .029. I am about 15 years older than when I shoot the group with the 22-250 in a match in a 10 mph cross wind. The conditions a month ago were perfect and about 28' degrees, which probably helped stabilize the powder. I am not as young as I used to be and have had back, eye, wrist, and shoulder surgery since then, so when it all come together I am usually pretty surprised. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and again!😂😂😂 I really like the barrel it shoots well and consistent. 👍 With R23 I get SDs in the low single digits with it. I can push 300 Bergers right at 2800 from a 338 RUM with zero pressure signs. They are my gunsmith's personal choice for all his custom builds. Target on the top and bottom left are with that barrel. They are 1moa squares with 1/2 moa centers. All where shot at 100 yards except the one in the lower right which is a 1.6 inch, 6 shot group my son shot at 600 yards. They are great barrels! I still prefer Krieger but that is just because I am older and set in my ways and don't like change and prefer the tried and true.🥸🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 40185C67-07E9-499B-B6A8-B4307AF4EF62.jpeg
    40185C67-07E9-499B-B6A8-B4307AF4EF62.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I've built several rifles on Brux barrels and I have no complaints. I built a friend and his father in law matching 300 win mags on Remington actions and Brux barrels and they are within 2tenths of a grain in accuracy loads. Both are 1/4 MOA rifles and that's saying something for a 300 win shooting 220gr bullets. I've used lots of other barrels and Brux are in my top three

They own the record at 600 and a thousand. Do you really need to know more? I will not say they are the best as everyone has their favorite. For me they shoot very well and I do not need a coffee can of bushings to chamber one. They have been at nominal to a bit tight for me. I once asked a button barrel manufacturer if he fed his lappers wheaties in the morning. When you need a bushing .0025 over nominal that is getting out there. Needless to say he did not like my comment but the truth is the truth. A lead core will upset enough that it is not an issue. Monos do not like it. I was rambling. YES Brux barrels are very good.

Hello all, I'm curious about the general collective on Brux barrels? No 2nd hand knowledge please.
What is your experience, good, bad, stupendous... horrible??

im considering one for an old Mauser action and hand-made stock. It's currently a .220 swift that apparently had a sketchy wildcat chamber (keeps splitting brass on me, very scary).

The rifle was a gift and means a lot to me. I'm not sure what barrel profile it has now but I'd like to stick with it or slightly smaller (maybe a #2 or #3). I believe that with the same bolt face I'll go with 25.06.

Thoughts?
Who installs the barrel it's probably more important to me then the brand. If the gun smith recommends one of the top-tier barrels, do they have more of a commitment doing an excellent job installing. I love light barrels, the #3 may be less finicky then lighter contours. I have Brux barrels and very happy with them.

-2F this morning in the mountains west of Denver.....so staying inside and catching up on LRH stuff I missed the last few days. Yes, I like Brux barrels. I have one on a .338 in a heavy varmint profile and one on a 6.5 Killmoor (sorry guys, couldn't resist). Both are 3/8 -1/2 MOA if I do my job. Very impressed with the Brux and .338 LM. The first time I was able to hit a target at 1200 yards was with this barrel and have been able to do it several times since. As a lot of the guys on this forum knows, it is an art to read the wind and be able to consistently connect at longer ranges but it sure helps when the equipment is good and can be trusted.

Everyone stay warm!!

Running a Brux on my 338. 27" heavy varmint profile. I like it. I always ran Krieger on my bench guns but bought this as a barreled action. Shot some pretty nice groups in my lifetime, until about a month ago my best group ever was a .112 with a 22-250 at 200 yards. That translates into around .056 at a hundred for a 5 shot group. That was a nice little cloverleaf from a 26" Krieger. Then a month ago I shot the group in the upper left corner with the Brux on my 338 RUM. The group is a 5 shot group and measures .029. I am about 15 years older than when I shoot the group with the 22-250 in a match in a 10 mph cross wind. The conditions a month ago were perfect and about 28' degrees, which probably helped stabilize the powder. I am not as young as I used to be and have had back, eye, wrist, and shoulder surgery since then, so when it all come together I am usually pretty surprised. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and again!😂😂😂 I really like the barrel it shoots well and consistent. 👍 With R23 I get SDs in the low single digits with it. I can push 300 Bergers right at 2800 from a 338 RUM with zero pressure signs. They are my gunsmith's personal choice for all his custom builds. Target on the top and bottom left are with that barrel. They are 1moa squares with 1/2 moa centers. All where shot at 100 yards except the one in the lower right which is a 1.6 inch, 6 shot group my son shot at 600 yards. They are great barrels! I still prefer Krieger but that is just because I am older and set in my ways and don't like change and prefer the tried and true.🥸🤣🤣🤣
That's impressive (and really encouraging)!!

Just finished two shooting sessions with my brand new Brux #4 6.5C in a Defiance Deviant Hunter action. I shot several 3 shot groups on day one. Hornady American Gunner (bulk ammo) 140 BT at 100 yds went .65 inches with shot 2,3 and 4 also .37 inches on shots 17,18 and 19. Second day shooting was SAT Feb 13th and ran a 300 yard KYL rack, no trouble hitting the 3 inch plate at 300 yards. The barrel cleans up easily and compares well with my two other builds with Lilja barrels. I would choose Brux again.

Runs with the best of them. All good custom barrels break in fast for me. Some are faster than others speed wise but over all my Brux barrels are excellent barrels. Never any issues cleaning, breaking in or accuracy/performance. None with any of my custom barrels either. Can't go wrong with Brux

I have a sweet shooting rifle with brux also a shilen select that's a shooter and a bartlein. Bart was bought 1st as complete used rifle, then the brux complete used build and then the shilen that was a prechambered used 7rum brl. What speaks volumes to me is awesome rifle builders use awesome components! Len uses brux, McWhorter, Ryan Peirce (I know he also uses proof on alot of lightweights). I would like to find a heavy all steel proof brl in 7mm for a build but haven't seen any in stock anywhere! It seems like I see brux on more quality builders IN MY research. But tons use also use benchmark,kreig,bart etc.

Hell I got a double barrel. See attachment, and only Mex-iflornia.

Attachments

• San Francisco Newpaper.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 200
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.