Hornady 7 PRC Factory Ammo Inconsistencies

In my Family We rarely shoot, ANY Factory Ammo, as we have SEEN many Video's of, HOW Fast, the Factory Machines, produce Ammo,.
Huge Vibration, observed, NO Wonder that, It's inconsistent,. in Velocity ! ( Especially throwing, STICK Powder ! )
Before ever "building", a Rifle OR, replacing, a Barrel to, a DIFFERENT Cartridge, we BUY, 150 - 200 Rounds of, GOOD Brass and, a set of Good Dies !
We always Handload, to obtain Best, Accuracy.
When shooting Factory ammo, Test ONE Box and IF, "Good", go back and Buy several bx's of,.. SAME Lot number.

Last edited:
In my Family We rarely shoot, ANY Factory Ammo, as we have SEEN many Video's of, HOW Fast, the Factory Machines, produce Ammo,.
Huge Vibration, observed, NO Wonder that, It's inconsistent,. in Velocity ! ( Especially throwing, STICK Powder ! )
Before ever "building", a Rifle OR, replacing, a Barrel to, a DIFFERENT Cartridge, we BUY, 150 - 200 Rounds of, GOOD Brass and, a set of Good Dies !
We always Handload, to obtain Best, Accuracy.
When shooting Factory ammo, Test ONE Box and IF, "Good", go back and Buy several bx's of,.. SAME Lot number.
A friend of mine runs a custom ammunition company here in Texas, and he took two rounds, one from one box, and another from a separate box, of the same lot, and shot... 135fps difference between the two. So even the same LOT isn't even a guarantee of consistency nowadays.

Last edited:
A friend of mine runs a custom ammunition company here in Texas, and he took two rounds, one from one box, and another from a separate box, of the same lot, and shot... 85fps difference between the two. So even the same LOT isn't even a guarantee of consistency nowadays.
AGREED,.. BUT usually,.. you'd Be,.. Okay !
Good Handloads,. ARE, Always,. Best !