Hornady 22 Creedmoor data?

KyleC

Anyone see Hornady has 22 Creedmoor data on their website? The powder charges for Reloder 26 are quite a bit higher than the Peterson data.

I use rl26 in my 22 creed. Data seems to line up to my experience, I use alpha brass. Load data is going to change based on brass, Peterson brass has lower case capacity than hornady. Always start low and work up.

I am glad to see it published.
Especially since it has rl26 included, since that was what I was planning on running in mine.

Yea I thought it was interesting. Lots of people use H4350 for 22 creed loads. According to Hornady this was the slowest powder they tested!

The super performance looked like it preformed well

Berger has data also but you call them to get it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 37
Whenever a cartridge is sort of new and there is a lot of hype still going around, I take all claims with a grain of salt and run my own tests (and math models).

When you have done this type of thing enough, you tend to realize there will be variation in barrels that is "normal" and also you will have the experience to know when something might be wrong or heading for pressure.

Always take it slow and run your own work-ups when in sketchy territory like the latest greatest cartridges. Your first outings are all about caution and safety margin against pressure. It takes many years before the dust settles on fresh designs and the learning curve is full of noise and liars on the internet.

Be careful and safety first cause your mothers are not giving warranties on those fingers or eyeballs.

Recent Posts